More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Phonky Phonky

What's next?

An unexpected visitor.

In the heart of a quiet, unassuming village, lived a witch mother and daughter who ran a small potion shop. The mother, Sarah, was renowned for her beauty in the kingdom, her long flowing black hair and voluptuous, motherly figure was often the subject of envy and admiration among those around her. Sarah's daughter and apprentice, Evelyn, was a stark contrast. She had short, black hair and a petite frame that left her feeling overshadowed by her mother.

Evelyn, now 19 years old, had always been acutely aware of the disparity between her and her mother. It wasn't just their appearances that set them apart but also their magical abilities. Sarah was known far and wide for her proficiency in the mystical arts. She had once been one of the most powerful and famous witches in the kingdom but had chosen to retire when she gave birth to her, hopefully resigning to a quiet motherhood. Despite her mother's loving support and encouragement, Evelyn couldn't help but feel an intense jealousy over her mother's natural beauty and magical talents.

One crisp autumn afternoon when a cloaked stranger entered their shop. The bell above the door tinkled as the man walked in, and Evelyn glanced up from the potion ingredients she was preping. The newcomer's face was hidden beneath a hood, and he clutched an old, worn book to his chest.

"Welcome to The Enchanted Brew," Evelyn greeted him with her customary warmth. "How may we assist you today?"

The man scowled at Evelyn. "Where is Sarah?" He bluntly asked.

Sarah emerged from the store back room upon hearing her name. Her smile faded as she recognized him, despite his mysterious appearance.

"Give us some privacy, Evelyn." Sarah commanded. It was rare Evelyn's mother spoke with such authority.

Evelyn obliged and retreated to the backroom her mother had just emerged from. She stopped once she was inside as her mother's voice started up once more. Both her mother and the stranger spoke in a hushed tone, making it difficult for her to overhear their conversation.

There was mention of an ancient dark power within the book, and then their voices grew more animated, verging on arguing. It wasn't long before Sarah gave a frustrated huff and snatched the book from the man's grasp. He smirked, leaving Sarah with a warning and a cryptic wish of luck before making his exit.

Upon the stranger leaving, Evelyn swiftly returned to the storefront counter. Sarah nearly stumbled over herself as she attempted to conceal the old tome behind her back. Her massive breasts bounced as she caught her balance.

"Evelyn, dear, I thought I told you to stay in the back room," Sarah stammered, attempting to recompose herself.

Evelyn's eyes narrowed. "Who was that man, and what's the book?" she asked, unable to contain her curiosity.

Sarah hesitated, her eyes darting around the shop as if searching for an escape. She sighed, finally relenting. "It's nothing to concern yourself with, my dear."

Evelyn wasn't satisfied with the response and pressed further. "Why were you arguing with him? What's in that book that could make you so uneasy?"

Her mother's frustration began to show. "Evelyn, please, I told you, it's not important. Let it rest and go get started on dinner. "

Reluctantly, Evelyn obliged, still suspicious but unwilling to upset her mother further.

Sarah waited for Evelyn to leave and slipped the tome under the front shop counter, leaving it alone for the time being.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)