More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Owst Owst

What happens on the way?

An ambush!

Jane and the mouse continue down a dirt path, the sun beating mercilessly on them. Beads of sweat dripped down her skin as she trudged forward, catching on her brow.

"What're you called, exactly?" she asked.

The mouse turned. "Oh, you can simply call me M."

She nodded slowly. "That's easy to remember."

M smiled. "Isn't it? So convenient. Where do you come from, Miss Jane?"

The thought of John instantly popped into her mind, then of her house back on Earth. She wasn't sure how exactly M planned to return her but she hoped it was soon--her friends and family would be waiting for her after she disappeared seemingly without a trace.

She began, "Earth. It's a planet, with big cities and cars." It was a simple explanation, but M was a simple creature--maybe even 'planet' was too big a concept for him.

"A 'car?' Is that like a carriage?" M asked.

Jane smiled in surprise. "Yeah, sorta...one that doesn't need horses or other animals."

M's mouth went agape. "Surely you jest! I would much like to see one!"

She shook her head side to side, almost breaking into a giggle. "Maybe when you get me back. Best I can do now is a picture."

Both of M's ears suddenly perked up and he froze. Jane stopped as well, almost bumping into the small creature. She couldn't hear anything that M must have, no doubt due to his larger ears.

"We need to be careful here," he whispered. "We might have crosses into the territory of the--oh my!"

Jane jumped backward as the grass surrounding them exploded; figures burst out from the concealment of the greenery. She saw that they were vaguely...

By who?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)