More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lrocks911 lrocks911

What happens next?

An accident occurs with the sample...

REVISED BY Vestiphile with permission from lrocks911

When he first started messing with his wetware to tweak the sample, it was easy to keep his extracurricular activities with the sample separate from his professional work...but as the weeks went on, he began to dive headlong into the possibilities the sample offered. He'd taken it upon himself to ask for another sample the same mass as the first, which was eventually granted when the polymer team was able to perfect another batch. At first he'd only taken the original contaminated sample home to play with, but over time, his obsession with his orgiastic toy had gotten the best of him.

The unadulterated sample had been set up with a 'learning' module devised from his wetware programming. This was simple at first--making the sample a ball, something like a bouncy ball with a lacquer-like shine, able to propel itself for a time, bouncing around with directions from his central command unit. The directions had to be highly specific at first, but eventually the 'ball' could be trained to respond creatively, interpreting broader commands with interesting results.

Before long, it was trained to respond to aural vibrations--voice commands.

These nuances, of course, were far too tempting to keep from his adulterated sample. Every time he made a legitimate discovery with the sample he hadn't cum into, he adapted the work to the sample he was playing with at home. When the data got to be a little too complex, though...he did something incredibly stupid.

He brought his adulterated sample into the lab to imbue it with not just some, but all the attributes of the increasingly intelligent 'clean' sample. He had been working on programming at home that would make the sample as wonderful a sextoy for members of the female persuasion as it had been for him, and he wanted it to learn faster.

When he crossed all the attributes between the samples unknowingly, something happened. The system hit some kind of critical error, attempting to reconcile the two samples with each other by cataloging all their learning attributes against their previous experiences and their chemical makeup--which, of course--included the researcher's swimmers, absorbed into the adulterated sample weeks ago.

What he didn't know was that the 'learning algorithm' passed onto him from the asynchronous analysis team was more advanced than he expected--and combined with his own command algorithms, now it was more advanced than even they expected.

To make matters worse, that day, the multiple labaratories' power systems performed a textbook execution of something known to engineers as "Murphy's Law" when a power surge arced through the complex, jumping a number of the protection measures against such issues. Plenty of systems were safe from the short circuit, but Murphy's Law insured that the scientist's lab was not one of them.

Just as his system hit its critical error and began copying all the attributes between both samples from each to the other, the surge struck zapping both samples.

A manual shutdown later, he walked over to a containment pod. Thinking his sample to be toast, he opened the pod to remove the specimen when the small slime suddenly firmed, taking the shape of a ball and bounding out on its own. His jaw dropped when it morphed, reaching out a pseudopod that seemed to look at him for a moment before quickly bouncing, and then slithering toward the door.

It slipped under without a second of hesitation.

It was loose!

© Copyright john doe (UN: chepedufrain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)