More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

Where Does Hannah Take You Now?

An Old Catholic Church

You sat in the backseat along with Devin while Hannah drove and Ellie sat shotgun. Things felt a bit awkward; you didn't know what to say, the simple thought of making small talk was so far from your mind now. For Devin, however, it seemed to sit in the forefront of his mind, "So Garrett, what did you do before all this?"

"Huh? Oh, well I just dropped out from college." You replied slightly embarrassed by the fact, "I didn't know what I was gonna do, so I picked up a job as a clerk at a gas station, was working the night shift when I first met a zed. Got lucky, we kept a gun under the counter, saved my life."

"Damn, must have been wild man, Ellie and I were on a little trip from our college to see a concert," Devin explained,

"A concert that we weren't allowed to go see." Ellie added on with a slight smirk, "Serves me right for being talked into it."

"Hey, it was a good time, don't lie." Devin replied with a short chuckle that faded away quickly, "But then everything went wrong here, the army started locking it down, and we couldn't leave. Andy found us and kept us safe."

"And Andy is..." You asked looking between the three of them,

"He was a cop, or maybe a sheriff," Ellie said with a quizzical expression on her face,

"State trooper." Hannah corrected before shaking her head, "God I hate that I know that."

"Don't, you know he tells us that every chance he gets." Devin pointed out before looking back over to you, "It's like he thinks it makes him qualified to be in charge or something as if anything could help us with this shit." This caused a few snickers from everyone,

After a few moments, you leaned forward to Hannah, "How many people are actually in your group?"

Hannah thought it over for a second before saying, "You'd make the...eighth." Hannah replied while looking over to Ellie for confirmation,

"Yeah, that's right, though if Andy and Eli had their way we may only have four," Ellie grumbled out,

"Please, you're too generous, if they had it their way, it'd be just them." Devin added on while sitting back, "Right pricks, those two."

"Okay, enough you two, before Garrett gets out and runs." Hannah sharply said,

"Right, sorry brother, things aren't that bad. Those two are just...they don't play well with everyone." Devin said with a little shrug, "The rest of us are cool and you'll fit right in."

"Honestly I don't care what you're all like, living alone since the start has been awful. I'm just happy to see anyone right now." You said half serious, half joking,

"Well, that's good to hear, things should go smoother then." Hannah said while turning onto a dirt road and driving down it for a good minute before abruptly halting the jeep, "Come on, let's go, sooner we get inside the better."

"Where are we?" You asked while opening your door cautiously,

"We're home, just past that stone wall." Hannah replied while Ellie and Devin went to the back of the jeep and grabbed the few packs of supplies they were able to gather, "It was a church, and I mean a long time ago. No one had used this place for years, besides some teens and homeless folk. Andy brought us here once we found out evacuation wasn't an option, with it's all it's safer than most of the other places around."

"Must be cramped for eight people though," You deduced while the four of you began to walk forward,

"You're not wrong," Ellie said with a smirk, "Not to mention that the building itself isn't in the best shape, but were off in the overbrush away from town and a wall keeps the dead from wandering in. I'd pick this over a hotel any day." You let out a nod as you all reached the gate, "Andy! Open up!" Ellie called out, you held your breath and waited with the others, hoping to be let in.

What Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)