More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by jakelyon jakelyon

What does he/she/they do?

An Offer You Can’t Refuse

Mark came into the meeting room and met the eyes of his newest client Mike Roberts. Mike was 54, rich as a robber baron and known to be a very big, giant asshole.

“What can I do for you Mr. Roberts.”

“I want to buy your fantasy room.”

The company is not for sale. What I can do is sell you an adventure. Your own instance in the Fantasy Room that will allow you to do anything you want...legal or illegal.

“Mike stared at him for a few seconds longer, and Mark started to feel uncomfortable.”

“Maybe you should tell me what you want.

I want to buy your company. I want to make sure I have complete privacy, and no one fucks with me when I’m under, or immersed or whatever you call it. I've checked out your company, talked to your customers and it looks like this could be a big deal. It's VR that actually works. You've created another reality.

“Again Mr. Roberts, I can give you access, but the company, the technology is not for sale."

"I will pay you 5 billion dollars right now, today."

Mark was stunned, that was 100 times more than he ever thought the company would sell for, and he was not looking to sell it. He knew Mike Roberts was worth close to 100 billion so the price he was offering was well within Mike’s ability to pay.

“Damn,” Mark said, “Damn, that’s a lot of money.”

Mike just looked at him, waiting for an answer.

Mark said, “Send me the offer, I’ll have my lawyer look at it, and…

Mike interrupted him, “No you sign today, right now or the deal is off the table.”

Mark started to get angry, “Who the fuck are you to tell me what to do.”

“Here, read the deal, it's only two pages.” Mike reached down into his valaise and produced the thin document, sliding it across the table to Mark.

“All I need is your bank account, and I will make the first transfer immediately. One billion dollars, no questions asked..”

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)