More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Shimazu45 Shimazu45

What happens next?

An Assassin’s

My name is John Wayland, code name: Apex. I’m 31 and currently work for the Black Crescent organization. I was work as an assassin, I was born into a family of assassins and worked myself to the bone to be able to fulfill my missions. I’ve assassinated everything from politicians, aristocrats, royalty, military leaders, crime lords and leaders of rival organizations across the globe.

But after having fought and killed so many since I was just 16, I decided I wanted to take a new path and leave my work behind as a assassin, instead I wanted to pursue my own interests instead, in the field of psychology and medical science. Being trained as an assassin most of this was already a necessity to learn about, but I wanted to truly delve into the sciences of those studies beyond my work.

Now here I was on my last mission. Laying on the ground in the cold snow atop a mountain I had my rifle in position and my scope sighted on a log cabin. Inside was the daughter of a minister who was hiding from our organization after she witnessed me previously kill her father. Now this poor college girl was hiding for her dear life having cut off all connection to the outside world.

Little did the young women realize it was too late and she was already not only discovered but by no means out of reach. The lights were on inside and I could see her moving around inside the cabin. Taking aim, I looked down the scope of my rifle, picking up some dirt next to me I tossed it in the air. I measured the direction as it fell back to the ground and noted it in my head.

Focusing on her I adjusted my aim after having already estimated the range, I waited for the perfect moment. Then with the slight pull of my finger, I fired the rifle! The bullet zipped through the air, shattering the window and struck the poor girl and then flew through the room and hit an oil lamp she was using splattering burning oil throughout the house, setting it ablaze.

I got up from my position and began to walk towards the house to confirm the kill. I looked in through the window and saw everything inside was burning and my targets body laying still never to rise again. With the deed done as sad as it was I left. After that I was done being this shady organization’s dog.

The next day I returned to the Black Crescent’s base to turn in my gear and everything I owed them upon leaving the organization.

“Welcome back Apex.” Ms. Carol my handler greeted me as I entered the lobby of the faux hotel.

Carol

“Thanks Carol.” I said as I pulled out my firearm and handed it to the nearby security guard.

“I suppose this is the last time I’ll be greeting you like this?” Carol said as she led the way.

“I suppose so.” I followed her.

We both entered one of several elevators. Carol hit the Emergency button which made the lights turn red in the elevator and the floor buttons glow. She hit the buttons 23, 4 and then 1 in that order. Immediately the elevator began to descend down below the hotel!

We descended down into a 15 floor subterranean complex beneath the hotel. Then we hit the 7th floor under ground where the elevator then stopped! We weren’t supposed to go to the 7th floor but the 6th which was where I was to turn in my equipment?! The door opened and we were greeted by three men in black suits and a woman in a white coat!

“Carol?!” I turned to her.

“Don’t worry Apex, everything will be okay.” Carol said with a grin.

Suddenly one of the men pulled out a gun and shot me in the chest! I fell to the floor immediately! I struggled to breathe as I looked up to see the face of my killers. The woman in the lab coat walked up and looked down at me.

Anna

“You will make a fine new specimen for the organization.” She said with a grin.

“Why?” I asked barely able to speak. “Why did you do this?!”

“You really thought the Black Crescent would let you leave?” The woman in the lab coat said grinning. “We have far better plans in store for you.”

I should’ve known they wouldn’t let someone like me live. The deal the Black Crescent gave me was simply too good to be true it seemed. One last job and then I get to disappear from this organization for good and start fresh. If only it where true…

I passed out… or died I wasn’t sure… everything was just going black.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)