More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Phataang Phataang

Uh...what?

Alternate intro - Mike

"Aw, come on man, not you too! I just need to for tonight."

"I'm sorry, bro. Lindsey's coming over and there's not a chance in Hell she'd be down with fucking me if you're staying over. You're just going to have to find someone else."

"What ever happened to bros-before-hoes?"

"If it was anyone but Lindsey, I'd totally let you crash, but... it is Lindsey. Sorry, man."

I let out a huff of air, "Fine. I guess I'll figure something out. But you owe me."

"Big time man, big time. Oh, that's her now, later." I hear the dial before I'm able to respond, and put my phone in my pocket. 'Dammit, Chuck, you were my last hope.'

I'd done everything I could, but not a single friend could, or would, let me crash while my sister had her friends over. Sighing, I started walking the back-roads home. Normally I'd avoid the roundabout path, but tonight, the less time at home, the better. My stepsister Emma had just turned 18 and, as celebration, invited her two best friends over for the weekend... 'God or Gods above, whoever the fuck is willing, help a guy out will you? Please?'

...

'Nothing? Yeah, sounds about right.' I start to make my way back home, stepping around puddles and trash when I see a glint out of the corner of my eye. Making my way over to it, I see a 20 sided die laying on the ground, next to a cardboard sign that reads, 'Because you said please. Enjoy, Mike.' Looking around for anyone watching, be it people or cameras, and seeing no one, I shrug and pocket the die. Why? I don't know, but the feeling of it in my pocket seems to ground me. The urge to roll it swells within me, but I ignore it and start to make my way home again. After a while of walking I feel my stomach grumble.

'Do I stop for something to eat, or hope there's something at home? Fuck, I don't know... I guess I could flip a coin...'

Or roll a die...

I'm not sure why, but the next thing I know is that I'm holding the D20 in my hand. 'I guess... 1 - 10 I go home, 11 - 20 I get something to eat. Yeah, why not?' And with that, I roll the dice.

The verdict?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)