More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by fflover58 fflover58

What's next?

Alli

[Alli: 5 foot 6 with long brown hair. Big eyes and loves romance. She and Jenny are (supposedly) inseparable. Size 7 feet with dark red polish]

Alli raced past Jenny up the stairs. Being the only girl wearing sneakers, she had the advantage of running faster. She was determined to find the best room before anyone else, even though she was planning to bunk with Jenny regardless. Both girls were already unsure about living here, and Alli knew Jenny got scared too easily for her own good. In fact, Jenny had brought a night light for their first semester together at college. That didn't bother the kind soul that was Alli, so she allowed it.

The first room had no bed, so Alli moved on. The second room was a very unclean bathroom, so again it was skipped.
"Eureka!" Alli exclaimed as she opened her third door. The room had a large bed with drapes around, big enough for at least three people to sleep in. A large open window dominated the opposite side of the room, the curtains blowing into the room. Yet it was still rather dark in the room.

A portrait hanging in the corner caught Alli's eye. It was too dark to see, but it looked familiar to the curious young woman. She took out her phone and put it on flashlight mode. Shining the light on the painting, she gasped in surprise. It was the same young man she had seen downstairs, this time in an elegant business suit and sitting on a chair. His piercing gaze seemed to be looking straight at Alli.

"He's so handsome," Alli said in awe. "Who is he?"

As if to answer her, a gust blew in and shut the door behind Alli. While this surprised her, Alli didn't feel scared. In fact, she felt herself drawn to the portrait. She stopped only when she was right in front of the wall holding the frame. Her eyes gazed at the expert detail of the portrait, as if this was a digital picture that hung before her eyes.

"Almost like you're real," Alli whispered.

She just stared a few minutes solid. Then, a knock at the door brought her out her trance-like state. Before she could reach the knob, Jenny opened the door and entered the room.

"Wow, look at this one! It's so much cooler than that other room! Plus, I think it's haunted in there!"

Alli suddenly found herself very angry. "What are you doing in here Jenny? You can't just walk into someone's room like that!"

Jenny gave her best friend a puzzled look. "Both I thought we were sharing a room together? Like we always do?!"

But Alli wasn't listening. "Get out Jenny! This room is mine, and I'm not sharing with you!"

She began to shove her friend out of the room. "Ouch! Alli, what are you doing?" Jenny exclaimed.

"Don't come back until you learn some manners!" Alli barked, and pushed Jenny out the door and slammed it.

The brunette just stood there for a second, listening to make sure Jenny got the picture. A sniffle could be heard, then footsteps heading back down the hall. Jenny was gone.

It took a few minutes, but what just transpired finally hit Alli. "What have I done?" she said to herself, starting to tear up. "Why did I do that?"

Alli laid on the bed and cried herself until she felt exhaustion catch up and put her to sleep.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)