More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ThomasMoro ThomasMoro

What happens next?

Alice thinks about renewing her driver's license

"Oh, my!" said Alice as she looked through her purse. "My driver's license expires at the end of this month. Since I have a new address, anyway, I'd better go renew it."

Alice never realized how busy the downtown area of the City was prior to moving there. It seemed like every block she came across yet another gentlemen's club -- including one called The Gentlemen.

And modeling studios. They seemed to be all over the place. And every other sign post had an ad requesting life models on it. Which was all very nice but while Alice readily believed in supporting the arts, she wasn't quite ready to do so by going that route.

But what Alice really needed was to find the driver's license office. She could find City Hall okay and the local library but the one place she needed to go seemed pretty elusive.

She finally pulled over her old junker and sat on a nearby bench while contemplating her next move.

"A nickel for your thoughts," said a passing stranger.

Alice looked at the woman who had spoken to her. "I'm sorry. But do I know you?"

"Probably not," said the woman, a green-eyed brunette who spoke with a hint of an Irish accent. "I moved here just a couple of months ago. Anyway, my name is Riley Lehane. And you are?"

"Alice," said Alice. "Alice Phryne."

"Oh, a classical girl, I see," said Riley with a twinkle in her eye.

"Not really," said Alice. "It's just a family name."

"Well, let's hope you don't live up to that family name while you're here," said Riley. "What are you thinking about?"

"Where the driver's license office is in this City," answered Alice.

"Oh, that's easy," said Riley. "Just follow me."

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)