More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 20 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

Who is the the main villain?

Alia the ringleader

I am looking at the person at the person who is in charge of this sick scheme to flood Paris and she is shooting a cold calculating stare back at me. I am so surprised because of who the terrorist is that my mouth is hanging open slightly. She is a couple of inches taller than me which makes her look almost regal. I know that she wears only the highest quality of clothes. She is now wearing a glittering yellow dress with a small red rose over the right breast. Even though she is at least ten years older to me, I can tell that she takes good care of herself. At least she takes care of herself physically, but mentally not so much. If I did not know that Alia was a terrorist, I might be attracted to her. When someone tries to destroy the town that I call home, I take them off my list of dating prospects PDQ.

The problem is that it doesn't make sense to me that Alia is the ringleader. She was the one who pulled some strings to get me out of jail when I was unjustly arrested for Kat's . I thought that the woman who is plotting to do me in right now was my friend. Is there something wrong with me? Have I done something to deserve this? If there is, it must the worst thing that anyone has ever done and I don't remember what that is. First Kat and now this. It is as if people are lining up to betray me. I really shouldn't think this way. I need to save Paris first and then I can worry about which friends of mine are real and which aren't.

"You seemed surprised about something," Alia commented.

"It usually surprises me when someone I thought of as a friend tries to pull something like this!" I complained. "First Kat and now this!"

"Nothing surprises me anymore," Alia droned.

"I might surprise you!" I warned.

"Oh, I doubt that!" Alia laughed. "You were a fool to come here without your full range of motion! Even now I can tell that you are having a problem with your back!"

"I will do anything to protect my friends and my home from people like you!" I threatened. "By the way, just what could have happened to you that would make you want to do something like this?"

"I don't really feel like telling you that right now," Alia refused. "You will have to earn it. Perhaps I will tell you if you if you foil my plans."

"Then perhaps you will tell me why you worked so hard to get me out of jail," I pressed.

"I prefer to keep my friends close and my enemies closer," Alia declared.

"Is that your only reason?" I had to know.

"I have heard about your detective skills," Alia elaborated with an evil grin and her arms folded across her chest. "It has been a long time since anyone has been able to keep up with me in a game of wits."

"Monopoly can be a fun game," I deadpanned. "How about checkers?"

"Board games are rather boring to me," Alia refused. "The stakes just aren't high enough."

"You even offered to cook dinner for me after Kat's funeral!" I protested.

"What fun is it to tear someone down if someone has already done the job for you?" Alia explained. "I had to do something to build you up."

"I will do whatever it takes to stop you," I promised while going into a martial arts stance of readiness.

"You don't have what it takes, sweetie!" Alia taunted.

"You are insane!" I screeched.

I saw Alia throwing a punch at my face which I ordinarily would have been able to duck, but my aching back slowed me down enough to the point where I could to do nothing to stop Alia from hitting my left eye with her right fist. Great! Now both of my eyes are going to be black and I am going to look like a raccoon. With her left fist, Alia sucker punched me in the stomach. I spent a couple of seconds on my right knee in pain. Alia brought me back to a standing position by placing both of her hands on the side of my face and lifting up. I just know that Alia is about to snap my neck.

"You are so pathetic," Alia grumbled.

In a move of total desperation, I rear my head back and crash it right into Alia chin to get her to let go of me. I give her face two of my hardest punches with both of my fists. Just as I kick Alia in the stomach, I get distracted by approaching police sirens which allows the villain to make her escape to the back of the chapel.

"Curse you, Connie!" she spat while running away.

I tried to chase after the villain, but all I could do was walk because of my back. By the time I managed to make it out of Notre Dame, Alia was long gone. I drove my right fist into my left hand in an act of frustration. I managed to save Paris from getting flooded, but the bad guy was still at large. That means no one is safe. I just hope my back can hold out for one more fight.

The final battle

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)