More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by crunchyspag crunchyspag

"I am..."

Alfonso Delgado, a lesser Spanish nobleman

You grew up in a noble family of an ancient, but impoverished Castilian bloodline. Your family owns but a single small estate that barely covers their needs. For centuries, your people and your family fought in the Reconquista, taking back lands stolen by the Moorish invaders almost eight hundred years ago. Your father had hoped to win some territory for your family, but alas! The conquest of Granada was completed in 1492, and your father had no chance to fulfill his dreams. He fell into a depression soon after, until later that years news came from a Genoan explorer that there existed an entire New World! Father was ecstatic at first, but when your mother announced that she was pregnant with you, he realized he couldn't leave his family alone. Both of his dreams frustrated, he settled into the life of a family man. Since you were a child, he has trained you in the martial tradition of all proper Spaniards, in the hopes that you can live his dream for him. You found no reason to object. Your head has been filled with grand notions of romantic knights and battles. With the eternal foe defeated, what better substitute than a great, unknown territory?

The year is 1518, and you are 25 years old. You grew up to be a handsome man, with coarse dark hair that goes down to your shoulders, a full beard, and an athletic built. Your family has finally scraped together enough money for you to set off for the New World, equipped with fine armor and a razor-sharp sword from the master blacksmiths of Toledo. You will need to make a choice of where to go. The safest choice would be an island in the Antilles. Colonies have been founded there already, and there is room for a man of ability (not to mention noble birth) to succeed. However, other have been lured to the mainland with tales of an enormous city made out of gold, if such things can even be believed! Other options may present themselves in time as well. You'll have to make a decision, but for now, you need to take stock of where you are in life before heading off for a life of adventure.

Are you leaving anything behind?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)