More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Storm Chyld Storm Chyld

Which of the fallen will rise first?

Alexis Stern.

Alexis had been living in an apartment complex in the Seattle-Tacoma Metroplex when rumors of aliens had begun to increase exponentially. The web was a twitter with theories and evidence of extraterrestrial beings visiting earth. Those rumors began to grow dark, and there were reports of an invasion under way. While Lexi had never put much stock in these rumors, she was beginning to become more concerned. Aliens or not, something had people riled.

The rumors moved from the web to classmates, all talking about something someone who knew someone, who knew someone, that had seen the incidents first hand. Again she continued to dismiss it, but as the rumor mills grew louder, and the distance between the person relating the events, and the witness of the events grew smaller, she began to suspect their was truth behind all of these rumors.

Lexi was resting against her window watching the city in all its glory, and enjoying the bright sunny day that awaited her. Her robotics project was almost done, and she would be able to go have some fun this weekend. Wearing a short pleated black skirt, and a white button up blouse, she ran a hand through her long silky blond hair, excited for the the party she was going to tonight. She spent so much time on school work, that a chance to relax was almost becoming a necessity.

The young blond woman's breath went still, as she looked out across the big puffy clouds in the sky, and saw what she had thought was a single storm cloud. Something about the shape didn't sit right with her. Running over to her table, she grabbed an expensive long neck camera and aimed it at the cloud, extending the neck, to zoom in as close as possible. She was astonished when she realized she was looking at a vessel. A gigantic flying ship the likes of which she had never seen. No human could have built it, nor would America allow it to fly so brazenly close to the city. The rumors were true, aliens were real, and they had come to earth. By the looks of it, she had a feeling it wasn't a friendly visit either.

Lexi nearly jumped out of her skin, when a sudden knock resounded off her front door. Running to the door, she pulled it open in a rush. Her eyes went wide when she saw a pair of soldiers, in uniforms she didn't recognize standing in the hall, rifles in hand.

“Alexis Stern?” The large man asked her, as his partner glanced around the hall nervously.

“Yes?” She answered meekly.

“Our orders are to evacuate you from the city, will you please dress and come with us?” The Latin man asked with a soft but firm voice.

A million thoughts ran through her head, but all she could think about, was the big alien vessel flying toward her city. She didn't want to be here when it arrived. With a nod, she grabbed a pair of knee high boots, and began putting them on. When she finished, she turned to gather some things, but the two soldiers came inside, stopping her.

“There's no time mam, we got to go.” The leader told her urgently.

Nodding, Lexi grabbed her purse and followed them, locking the door behind her. The three of them made their way downstairs, and while people gave the soldiers looks, they didn't seem to know yet of the coming doom. In front of the building a military Humvee awaited them, and she was ushered into the back seat with the Latin man, while his partner got into the passenger seat. The driver, a stern looking woman, pulled them out into traffic, and began heading south, toward the freeway.

Large military trucks were rolling through town, and setting up, with a sparse amount of soldiers, and emergency personnel setting up road blocks. It looked like the military and city emergency personnel were attempting a systematic block by block evacuation in the hopes of keeping panic and self inflicted casualties to a minimum. Lexi was having difficulty keeping her own panic under control.

Suddenly explosions were heard in the distance, as well as weapons fire the likes of which she had never heard before. The military had engaged the vessel, and was likely trying to divert it away from the city. Horns began to blare, as civilians started trying to get traffic to move faster. A car near them gunned it, and slammed into the car behind it, trying desperately to push the vehicle out of the way. As the vehicle gave way, it smashed into a car in front of it, and the car trying to get out, couldn't get enough to push them any further. Soldiers were trying to calm people down, but people were escalating into a panic, shouting and screaming at one another.

“We need to foot it, to get the asset out of this, before people start killing each other to get free.” The soldier next to her said, popping out the door, and dragging her with him.

The other two soldiers popped out, and the four of them began moving through the streets, weaving between cars. The explosions from the battle to the southeast were getting closer, and people began getting out of their car, looking to escape their impending demise. The soldiers dragged her into a run, and began bulling through crazed citizens, who were busy stampeding one another, in a chaotic attempt to flee the city.

Thankfully they were close to the gates where vehicles were fleeing down the highway heading south. Having radioed ahead, a large military truck was waiting for them, and they scrambled onto it, just before it took off. The vehicles left the panicking masses behind, as they formed into a convoy heading south on 161. Military vehicles mixed with buses, emergency vehicles, and other regular cars and trucks sped down the concrete and into rural safety.

As they cleared the city they saw the massive ship heading right for them, flames pouring from its starboard side. Fighters were buzzing around it, launching missiles, and firing guns along its hull trying to bring it down. Meanwhile tanks, and anti aircraft vehicles were attacking it from below. From what she could see she was sure they were trying to steer it away from the city, but they were pushing it right toward the fleeing convoy

Lexi watched helplessly, as the ship began to descend, more explosions rupturing its hull from the inside, as it came barreling down toward them. She was about to be either crushed under tons of metal, or killed in the ensuing explosion. As the ship continued its decent, small ships flew out from it, and headed north toward the city.

The battleship hit the middle of the convoy just ahead of their truck, as their driver veered to the right, trying to avoid the crashing monolith. As the front of the vessel caved in, explosions began bursting through its hull, and metal fragments began showering the convoy. She watched as cars were torn apart by flying debris, and one large chuck ripped the soldier next to her in half. Glancing back at the ship in horror, she watched in slow motion as a large glowing piece of metal and wire slammed right into her chest, lifting her up off the truck bed, and throwing her back through the air. As she hit the ground, she heard a thunderous explosion, and saw a wave of light cascade toward her. Before the light hit, darkness took her.

What happened next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)