More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Which god/goddess will you focus on? Who is he/she in this modern world?

Aesculapius. Iaeiros Argyris ; Surgical Superstar.

Not all the gods came back at the same time, nor in the order they first appeared in the old world, but Aesculapius more or less did. At only the age of 25 he is one of the youngest fully board certified surgeons in the history of modern Greece, but there is a REASON for that: he is quite simply The Best in his field, no other surgeon in the whole world can do what he can do.

For one thing, he is a true eidetic: once he sees, reads, or hears something he can instantly call it to mind years, even decades later. This is what allowed him to devour medical texts fast enough to graduate high-school at 12 and have his Bachelors of Medical Science at 18. The residency was harder, but he surpassed that at 23, and for two years he has been a complete rock-star in the world of surgery.

He has treated CEOs, Heads of State, and celebrities the world over. Among his more famous patients are the Presidents of Bolivia, Switzerland, and Taiwan, and the Generalisima of this African country you've never heard of because it only existed for about six months. He also has treated Raymond Karras, the modern incarnation of Zeus, when he was shot on a trip to La Paz, removing a depleted uranium slug from his left hip that was lodged in the muscle right against the femoral artery. Everyone agreed that the bullet HAD TO come out, but none of the local doctors dared operate for fear of cutting the artery and killing Raymond right there. Fortunately Iaeiros Argyris; MD, PhD, MS, DDS, GP, etc; was just a short helicopter ride away in Sucre at the time and saved the day.

Both members of the old Greek pantheon recognized each other for what they were, but kept mum about the matter, Zeus is a CEO now and blathering about being a god would be bad for business, and as for Aesculapius, this ain't his first rodeo at this whole 'half-mortal' shtick.

Aesculapius has had enough worshipers over the years to come back four or five times, after all, his sacred symbol is on ambulances and hospitals the world over: but when he returned as Iaeiros Argyris he was quite astounded by how far mere mortals had advanced his art since his last mortal lifetime in the late 1800's. What once was the province of miracles was now commonplace, the deaf could be made to hear, the lame to walk, and the blind... Okay, the blind were still screwed, but there were people hard at work on that one!

Anyway, Aesculapius knew enough not to blather about meeting Zeus, nor the person about to knock on the door of his office...

And who would that be?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)