More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ragnockae136 Ragnockae136

What does the Old Wolf Want?

Advice First and Foremost

(Authors Note: Avalla'ncae primarily Speaks in Elder Speech, due to the lack of an Actual Elder Speech Dictionary, His sentences will be in Italics)

Avalla'ncae Portaled up to Kaer Morhen as soon as he was able. He was wearing his Witcher Gear as well. ''Old friend You asked for me to come and I have Come. What do you need?'' Asks Avalla'ncae in Elder Speech. ''Walk with me.'' Says Veseemir as he leads the Viper Witcher to one of the Battlements. ''Your Uncertain?'' Asks Avalla'ncae. ''Avalla'ncae, you are almost as old as me, you have seen things even I have not, and you carry in your mind the Secrets of making a Witcher and how to defeat the Wild Hunt. The Hunt is coming, and they will hit Kaer Morhen like the Mother of all Storms. I need your help to prepare for the inevitable battle to come. But more than that, I need you to take my place as Leader of the School of the Wolf should My Skills fail me.'' Says Veseemir. ''You are not nearly as Dulled as you may believe Old Friend, a Dulled Blade is Still a Blade. But I know better than to Dispute your Beliefs, especially since The Hunt and I Share a Bloodline more closely than most of Lara's Descendents.'' Replies Avalla'ncae. ''Ah yes your Aen Elle Brethren, but Promise me you look after the School of the Wolf, we are the last known School to still be mostly active.'' Says Veseemir. ''Only if the Last of the Wolf School Agree, but even then I will only be an advisor, you know as well as I do that Geralt should be the one to lead if you die.'' Says Avalla'ncae as he looks to the skies and sees a Trio of Slyzards fighting a Trio of Forktails in the mountains. ''We've grown lax over the years, I'd best go do wih those six.'' Grumbles Veseemir. ''No, I will go, I Need the exercise in any case. Send some of the Students, I may require some help.'' Says Avalla'ncae as he Leaves Veseemir.

(Near the Slyzards Initial Fight against the Forktails)

Avalla'ncae was Flying through the Woods in the trees, he'd done this in the Past as a Youth, but hadn't for nearly twenty years. Now that he was doing it again he was feeling as good as he was the last time he'd been doing this. But he couldn't risk being sloppy. He came to the sight he had spotted them at, but all he saw was a bloodbath. Bodies lying about torn to pieces and Destruction rampant. ''What the actual Fuck? This doesn't make any sense, Nilfgaardian's This Far into Kaedweni Borders? Torn to shreds, and Slyzies and Forkies Going at it like Henselt and Demavend over Upper Aedirn. Let's check the Evidence.'' Said Avalla'ncae in Common Speech. As he examined each Body slowly, he could hear two individuals in Lightweight Medium Armour heading his way. ''Hey Old Timer this is not the time to loot bodies to line your pockets.'' Says a Young man snarkily. ''Wait a minute Lambert, Look at what he's wearing. This man's one of us, a Witcher.'' Says the other man. ''Yes, but from which School? For all we know he could be a Cat.'' Says The First Voice. Standing up snd turning around, Avalla'ncae pulled down his hood and spoke to them. ''My name is Avalla'ncae of Aedirn, originally of the Aen Elle and the Wild Hunt, Last Master of the School of the Viper. I require assistance in determining the cause of what happened here could you assist me please?'' Asks Avalla'ncae once again in Elder Speech. ''Wait a Minute your Ser Avalla'ncae of the Three Poisons? The only Elven Witcher to be knighted by King Vizimir the Just, in the Norths War against Nilfgaard. The One called the Wraith of the Scoia'tael and Specter of Aedirn? I thought you were a Myth.'' Says the Less Snarky one.

''That was my intent, I've spent the last Twenty years in Isolation beneath Kaer Morhen, studying the Books I Managed to save from the Schools Destruction. In preparation for the final Confrontation with my Aen Elle Brothers and Sisters.'' Says Avalla'ncae. ''Aen Elle Huh? You mean the Wild Hunt?'' Asks The Snarky one. ''Once perhaps, but not anymore, I left them long ago, as the one you call Gwynbleid did after me. In any case This is a Distraction hest left until we have aolved this problem. Let us focus on the Task Before us.'' Says Avalla'ncae. ''Agreed, We can yalk once the deed is done. Any suggestions?'' Asks the Scar Face. ''I'd hoped to find something less than what we see here, ideally why Slyzies and Forkies were tearing eadh other apat at all. But These are Nilfgaardian's, at least by their Armor and Weapons, and the Bodies positions suggest they were camping here. The Two trio's of Draconids probably thought these were easy prey. And after the Men were dead Fought each other like two Cats in Bag at the bottom of a River. I Suspect that There may be more than what we can see on our own.'' Says Avalla'ncae before holding his hands in prayer and uttering several unknown Phrases. ''What the Hell?'' Asks Snarky. ''Stay calm, I've invoked the Powers of an Ancient Aen Elle Godesss, the Godess of Reincarnation, Memories, and The Invisible which is yet Visible. It's a Simple but Dangerous Invocation, and requires a few moments to anchor itself to the Mortal Realm.'' Says Avalla'ncae as he opens his eyes, and said eyes are now A Deep White. ''Let the Sensations you feel do what they will, it may hurt, but not nearly as much should you resist. Keep your eyes closed, you will feel a soft burning in your Eyes but do not Resist or Struggle, but embrace it like a Lovers Warm Embrace. This will atune your eyes to a deeper level of sight.'' Explains Avalla'ncae as The Two Wolfs Eyes smit a similar glow to his own. ''Unbelievable, I can see everything that happened here recently.'' Says The Scarred Wolf. ''Now then If you'll prepare for the Branding you'll have ascess whenever you require it.'' Says Avalla'ncae.''What do you mean? What--Ow Fuck!'' Says the Snarky Wolf. ''Your bodies are now Possessed of the Godess Mark, simply Channel Qeun into you Two upper fingers and tap their points three times on the Brand to activate. Now then it would seem the fight is continuing that way. Shall we go?'' Asks Avalla'ncae. ''Lead the Way.'' Says the Scarred one.

As they race towards the ever more clearly heard sounds of Battle the two Wolves come to Avalla'ncae's Flanks. ''We've not properly been introduced, I'm Eskel, and this Sour Pus is Lambert. We're effectively two thirds of the Last of Veseemir's Students.'' Says Scarface. ''Ah yes, Veseemir has mentioned you both, though he spoke more of another Wolf, Gwynbleid, he frequently came to me on how to deal with Lambert, but I always told him that I could only offer guidance. Stay sharp we're very close now.'' Says Avalla'ncae as he Draws one of his Silver Swords and one of his Short Swords. Lambert and Eskel do the same. They come to a chaotic clearing discovering that the Two Groups have weakened themselves. One Slyzard and Two Forktails Lay dead or dying. Another Slyzard is Wounded but still alive. The two Larger and Obviously Older Draconids are tiring but still fighting to the . ''Lambert and Eskel handle the Young, the Two Matriarch's are mine.'' Says Avalla'ncae as Sheathes his Short Sword and Flips his Sword into the Air, opens his Cloak, reaches in and flings a dozen Manticore Venom Coated Knives at the Slyzard Matriarch and Foktail Matriarch's Wings. He then Grips his Silver Sword and Stabs the Wounded Slyzard in the underside of its head and uses his Free hand to Use a Crossbow Bolt to open its chest before Using A Supercharged Igni in its Chest, literally set its insides aflame. The two Matriarch's now grounded for the foreseeable Future come at him in a temporary alliance. He Takes up both Steel Swords and Runs toward the Two Monsters, he Cuts one of their Legs muscles, before using Yrden to lock both Beasts in place. Avalla'ncae then Throws both Swords in a Horizontal Pinwheel motion to cut the Previously Torn open Legs off and while both bests are distracted Jabs a Short Sword into the Slyzard Matriarch's Eye and by extension Brain and shoots a Crossbow Bolt into the Forktails Eye. The bolt passes cleanly out the Other Eye. ''Impressive How you Killed them, lets get the Trophy Work finished and head back to Kaer Morhen.'' Says Eskel as Avalla'ncae Nods and gets to work.

Kaer Morhen

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)