More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AlyxNanu AlyxNanu

Who's there?

Advanced Roomba (prototype)

Before Alex could ask who it was the opened to reveal the Roomba her mother recently bought. Well “bought” being a loose way to describe how they acquired the roomba, more like an offer was made to her mother to test out this prototype, note die the potential bugs for a few weeks and give them the feedback make the necessary improvements to it. The benefit to them would be that not only would they get some royalties from the sales it made but be the first ones to get the new improved model. And so Alex’s mother agreed to the whole thing. Now let’s see what it can do.

“Well, looks like we can add patience and the need for confirmation to the list of improvements for ya,” said Alex in annoyance with how the roomba just barraged in her room shortly after knocking. “At least you’re cleaning my room for me so I’ll let this invasion of privacy slide for now.”

The unique thing about this Roomba was that it was equipped with more than its usage vacuum feature on its underside, it came with extendable tubes with various attachments on the end of them. Other vacuum ends to handle various surfaces and areas around a household, claw like hands to grip objects back in order with needed padding to handle more delicate objects, brush wheels, a container for liquid spills and other things that Alex hasn’t seen in action.

The programming of this Roomba was the main problem with this Roomba, a fly on the curtains of the living room causing it to clean the curtains with high efficiency that it almost tore them apart. Luckily Alex and her mother stopped that before it escalated to that, a simple push of its power button and tweaking the settings helped prevented another accident like that happening again.

For the curtains at least…

What does the Roomba do next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)