More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Nanking Nanking

What's next?

Accepting a quest

Kirito rushes forward at full speed towards his opponent. Holding his duel swords, he closes the distance between himself and the deadly monster before devastating it with a flurry of slashes. The monster howled in pain and attempted to counteract, but Kirito easily dodged it. The monsters failed attack created the perfect opening for Asuna to move in and finish the beast off with a single powerful thrust of her rapier. The monster's health drains to zero and it explodes into pixels. A textbox appears congratulating the two on their victory and dealing out experience points.

"Whoa," Asuna exhaled before wiping the sweat from her brow, "that was a tough boss."

"Yeah," Kirito replied. "I guess that means we're on the right track."

The pair were on the 70th floor of Aincrad Castle and had just defeated the boss of one of the toughest dungeons on the floor. The two had just beaten the final boss causing a teleport point to automatically activate. If they used it, they could return to the surface, but that was not their objective. They were on a mission. Rumors claimed that hidden in this dungeon was a secret room. Inside was a quest marker that, upon completion, would give the player a unique skill of absolute invisibility. If they could find and complete this quest it would be an indispensable asset in their campaign to beat Sword Art Online and get back to the real world.

"What makes you so sure the secret room is in this chamber?" Asuna questioned.

"Because the boos room is the last place you'd want to stick around in," Kirito replied. "If you stay to long the boss respawns."

"Then we'd have to fight him all over again." Asuna growled. Annoyed at the thought of fighting that tough boss again. "That would suck."

Kirito smiles cheekily, "What's wrong scared you'd get beaten."

"Ha not on your life." Asuna shot back, "besides how could I lose with you by my side."

"O-oh right," Kirito said with a blush, "Anyway lets get to searching. I'll check this side of the cave. You search the other."

"Gotcha"

And with that the two starting searching the cave for the hidden room. Kirito started surveying the chamber's western wall for invisible switches or false walls while Asuna did the same on the eastern wall. After searching for a few minutes Kirito found something, a section of the wall, roughly the size of a doorway, that felt hollow.

"Hey, Asuna some check this out," Kirito said as he pressed his ear against the wall and knocked on it like a door, "This wall sounds hollow."

"Really let me see- WOAH!" Asuna screamed. She had starting walking towards Kirito when a rock she had stepped on suddenly collapsed in on itself. She nearly tripped but was just barely able to maintain her balance. However little did Asuna know she had just stepped on the switch that unlocked the door her ingame husband had been leaning on.

"GAHHH!?!" The black swordsman yells as he fell face first onto the ground.

"Kirito!"

Asuna ran over to the collapsed Kirito and bent down next to him.

"Kirito! Kirito! Are you alright," she yelled at her husband. He did not respond at first which scared his wife. "Kirito please speak to me"

Kirito didn't say anything, but he did start moving. He quickly flashed his wife a thumbs up to let her know he was ok.

"It didn't even hurt," Kirito bragged as he picked himself up into a sitting position next to her.

"Don't worry me like that," Asuna pouted. She started pinching Kirito's cheek to let him know her frustration.

"Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Ok I'm sorry" Kirito begged, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Good now then," Asuna said standing back up, "back to the mission."

"Right," Kirito replied standing up himself.

The two looked into the newly opened passage. It was a long stone corridor with a dim line at the end. Neither one of them was able to see what was at the end.

"I doubt it'll be one of those things where the only quest objective is finding it." Asuna said.

"probably not," Kirito replied.

"You worried?"

"Nope its just like you said as long as we're together we can't lose."

Asuna started to blush which caused Kirito to smile. The couple held each others hands and walked down the corridor to start the mysterious quest.

What do they find?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)