More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by robyna robyna

Is Amber waiting?

About this story

NOTE: As of right now (April 2021), this story is under active development. Which means that I will be adding new variables and new paths. Unfortunately, this will sometimes result in breaking the game move. I am sorry for this. I am attempting to allow various scenes to be reached from multiple locations (e.g., if you don't go to the library on the first day, maybe you'll go on the second). This is something that the CHYOA engine can handle but awkwardly... there's no 'gosub' or 'call' function so what you have to do is create a variable like "Saturday_Activities", set the variable, then allow the user to return to the sending page only if this variable is set. Since I didn't set all of the variables in advance, it gets messy. So, my apologies and thanks for those who have the patience to continue. Not playing game mode may result in missing some of the dialogue and breaking continuity (you may have to meet characters over and over). Again, I'm sorry... I'm doing the best I know how but this is one of the issues that comes up in developing a non-linear story. That said, I think the advantages outweigh the drawbacks. Let me know what you think.

Update 12/09/21... After a long hiatus I am back to work on this story. Sorry about the delay, some tough times in my life have interfered but I'm hoping to make progress now. Thanks for your patience. I also need to dramatically add to my character list below... I noticed it's pretty much non-existent. Trust me, Mike does have his girls.

I've been toying with this story idea for a while now... I even developed it as a Renpy visual novel... but decided that it would work better as a full text CHYOA. I will attempt to integrate some of the visuals from the Renpy into this. If you're interested in seeing the Renpy visual novel (incomplete) as well as other visual novels, and in supporting my writing, I have a Patreon page with, if I do say so myself, very low monthly contributions. Here's a link: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=33173948

About this story--there's a speculation among physicists that our universe is a simulation rather than the real thing. The logic goes like this:

  1. Even with our current technology, we can generate complex simulations of real things.
  2. We do so, creating games, science experiments, and other simulations just for fun.
  3. In the future, assuming we survive as a species, our computational abilities will continue to increase allowing us to generate ever-more-convincing simulations.
  4. Given that there is only one reality and a virtually infinite number of likely simulations, the odds of us living in exactly the one true reality and not one of the millions of simulations are low.
  5. Our existing universe follows laws of mathematics that seem ideal for a simulation.
  6. Therefore, we are probably living in a simulation.

I wondered, assuming we are, in fact, living in a simulation, is there anything we can do about it? Specifically, can we hack the code?

This story is an attempt to answer that question.

I hope you enjoy the story.

SPOILER ALERT

As a warning, our protagonist starts out in a bad place and his wife is unfaithful. The story is about what happens after but this does set the stage and I didn't see any way to avoid it. So, if this bothers you, you might want to skip the first few chapters.

CHARACTERS

You--you start the story as a programmer at MicroStuff, the developer of household robots in the bay area of California. (Default Mike)

Your wife--a sexy redhead with large breasts, a great ass. She works as a landscape architect. (Default Amber)

Your best friend--another programmer. He lets you couch surf. (Default Jeremy named after my 1st grade best friend)

Return to story

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)