More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

So Whose Hand Will This Evil Bottle Fall Into?

Abigail, 20 - Straight A Student

It was the end of class and Abigail felt like she deserved a treat. Usually, she avoided sugary snacks and drinks but today it felt earnt. Abigail smiled to herself as she left the science lab and moved through the crowded corridors toward the vending machine. After a few moments, her anxiety got the better of her and she moved toward the door of the quad.

Once outside in the fresh spring air Abigail took a series of breaths to calm herself down. Part of her mind tried to rationalise whether her reward was worth it but Abigail dismissed the idea as she cut across the empty quad toward her goal. The gravel crunched beneath her feet as she held the strap of her rucksack in hand for reassurance.

After a few moments, she stood at the other side of the quad and lay her hand on the rough wooden door before pushing it inward and slowly stepping inside the building. The surge of students from earlier had become little more than a trickle and Abigail found herself breathing a quick sigh of relief.

Her pale baby blue eyes darted across the bare corridor to the aged machine that stood in waiting. Abigail grinned as she walked over to the machine and took in the delicious sights that awaited her, there was an array of familiar candy bars and drinks. Although the one that caught her eye was pitch black and had red embossed lettering on it.

Abigail could barely make out what it said, but she felt as though it was calling to her. Her eyes darted across the price of the can and the code A6. Instinctively she dove her hand into her pocket and slid the coins into the slot before typing A6. The machine whirred for a few seconds as she waited impatiently for her reward.

There was a dull clunk as the can landed in the metallic bin below. Abigail grinned as she eased her hand inward and quickly grabbed the can. It was really cool to the touch and Abigail found herself grinning in anticipation as she looked at red embossed lettering that covered the can as she read; 'Share A Drink With Dracula'

Abigail stood awkwardly for a moment as she pondered whether to drink the can now or save it for later...

What Will Abigail Do: Drink It Now or Save It For Later?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)