More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hematoma hematoma

The only question that remains is who will you be?

Abby, the unbreakable girl

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!" you scream as you plummet throught the sky. Your parachute is only halfway opened and you're falling too fast.

The burning plane plunges past you and crashes into a thick, green forest. An fireball lifts into the air. Nobody could have survived that. You look around and see parachutes nearby, but it's hard to get a look at who is beneath them. You sure hope Winny survived. The thought that anything might have happened to her makes you feel queasy. Oh, yeah, and Mistress Swift and your sister. You hope they're okay too.

Beneath you...Monster Island. This wasn't how your Monster Thesis was supposed to happen!

"AAAAAH!" you scream some more.

You remember a lesson Mistress Swift taught you about surveying your surroundings and you try to take in the island you are about to crash into at a hundred miles an hour. It is divided into different terrains and settings designed for the various monsters to thrive. The forest the plane crashed into sits in a valley beside ominous mountains and a dark castle on the mountain's eastern side. On its south side you can just make out jungle. In the islands center is the compound and airfield and out west is a beautiful land of green valley and fields and flowers with a white-walled city and castle.

You're not lucky enough to land in any of those places. You're falling straight towards a bright, baking desert. You pass from the chilly sky and into the sudden heat of the bright sun. Huge mirrors are gathering light from beneath the passing storm clouds and using it to heat the environment. Well, you think, at least you'll have a softer landing hitting all that sand.

That's when you realize you're about to crash into a pyramid.

"Oh jeez," you manage as your body slams into the stone surface. The pain is intense as you crash through the stone, breaking half of your bones along the way as you disappear into a dusty air shaft of some sort that plunges into the depths of the pyramid. You black out from all that breaking and smashing and wake up, on your back, in a pool of blood.

"Gross," you say, pushing aside all the guts that fell out of you onto the stone floor. This is the worst you've ever been hurt and you haven't even seen your first monster. Well, you feel fine now, you think as you get to your feet. Most of the stuff in your survival bag fell out or broke, but you salvage a flashlight and a pocket knife.

You turn on the flash light and gasp as you realize you are in a room full of treasure. Piles of gold, statues, dishes painted with intricate designs and a strange sarcophagus...wait...a...

THUD!

The sarcophagus shakes and dust falls from its surface revealing bright gold beneath. You can see the image shaped into the lid of the tomb is that of a shapely woman.

THUD!

The sarcophagus creaks and begins to open. You feel a thrill of fear. It's sure to be a monster! A mummy? Are those real? What do you do? What did Mistress Swift tell you to do in this sort of situation?

Stand and fight? Wait to see what happens? Run?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)