More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Robopoop Robopoop

It begins....

A typical day at the diner

It was not long before the morning rush piled in. Bob, James and Carl got busy with running their business. The diner was near to bursting with people from all walks of life. Office workers. Day jobbers. Cops. Men and women who worked a typical Monday morning. Bob usually worked the kitchen while James had the counter. Carl got around to taking and serving orders. Today was just like any other day. A morning where the family of three get huge amounts of business, and the pick of the crop to settle their morning woods.

"There you go, Officer. One cuppa Joe for the road." James placed the foam cup filled with hot coffee in front of the police officer by the counter.

"Thanks, James. You're a good kid." The cop took it with him to race back outside, leaving behind a couple of his other colleagues with a wave.

There was much more chatter going around. Carl was chatting away with an elderly couple by one of the booths. James helped to taking orders from a newcomer who just arrived at the counter. Bob was half working and half socializing with an old regular that comes round every now and then for his usual bacon and eggs. Everyone here was happy and relaxed to the sound of the golden oldies from the speakers spread out across the room, just the way that the owner and his sons wanted them to be with their special ear plugs that were disguised as ear pieces. It was a busy day, but it was the time when the three were on the look out for a good mark to use. 9 times out of 10, they would find one really soon, and once they do, the 'special menu' comes out of the bottom of the counter to do the rest. James had commented that the best thing about this was that the police had no idea what their operation was really about, even though they were sitting only a few feet away from where the special menus were kept, and this brought a significant amount of confidence to their daily criminal work routine.

Who is the mark?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)