More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Fortefayte Fortefayte

What is your artifact of power?

A timestop watch

You lift the flimsy looking casio watch out of the box and inspect it. It's been a few years since you've owned a watch, ever since smartphones became popular you haven't really had a reason to own one, much less wear one every day. Working in a food-processing plant also meant that you couldn't really wear anything like a watch without it being a major inconvenience.

It seems to have a normal watch's functionalities but there is a bright red button on the side that doesn't seem to have any particular function. You push the button a few times but don't notice anything different.

You wonder if the whole thing is some kind of dumb prank. With a sigh, you put the watch on and head out, the apartment complex is on the other side of town and your moped is not up to the task. You're going to need to go visit your parents and beg them to let you use their car.

You're not looking forward to it, your parents barely tolerate you, and your 24 year old sister that still lives with them part time them hates you after she caught you peeking in on her in the shower a few times in the past few years. She is the polar opposite of you in every way. Beautiful, smart, successful. She has a boyfriend that is in finance or something of the like, (you're not bright enough or interested enough to figure out exactly what he does) and she's in the process of completing a doctorate degree at UCLA. She's home for the summer visiting your parents, and having her at home will only highlight exactly how much of a loser you are compared to her.

But nonetheless, you want to see this apartment complex, and see if any of this is real. It takes you about 20 minutes to get to your parent's house, a two story Victorian home in the nice part of town. Your dad worked his whole life to provide for his family, and you grew up wanting very little. Opportunities you had. You just never made anything of them. But things are going to be different soon, you promise yourself as you ring the doorbell.

"Who is it?"

You hear your sister's voice on the other side of the door. Shit.. you weren't expecting her to be home at this hour.

"It's me, Ulysses. Open the door."

The door opens. And your impossibly hot sister grimaces as she sees you.

"Ugh. What is it, Uly? What are you even doing home? You know mom and dad hates it when you show up without calling them first. What do you want?"

What should you tell your sister?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)