More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by lostandfounder lostandfounder

Which way was does he go?

A short cut

Dante walked down a little used path that cut a long winding trail to Neverwinter city. It was a quiet road lined with tall, leafy trees. It was frequented by few adventures and even fewer beasts. The angry innkeeper wouldn’t figure on Dante taking the long and quiet road, so he should have the time to figure out just how he was going to woo one of the realm’s famous women into his bed.

“I am a bard.” He thought. “Perhaps I could get into some of the castles by offering to perform for the royal courts of the land.” He smiled. “Yes, that might work. I charm and entertain one royal family, and they send word to others…I would be allowed into any castle in the land. That would give me access to several of the ladies on my list. Who knows? My reputation might become such that even the lonely ranger women might hear of me and be willing to exchange a night’s company for a song or two in their honor.”

He pulled his Lute of Enchantment (+10) out from his Sack of Holding and began to test out some tunes.

“Her lips are as sweet as honey wine”
“Her eyes shine as bright as the sun”
“Her hair is as smooth as silk is fine”
“But her greatest asset is her bum”

Dante heard a rustle from high in the trees tops. Without breaking stride, looking up, or even pausing in the song, his hand went down to his rapier’s scabbard and loosened the blade.

”I wish that I see her now”
“I wish that we could dance”
“I wish that I could win a joust”
“And have her polish my lance”

There was a sudden blur of motion and a dark shape leapt out of the trees at him. With one quick and graceful motion he cast the lute away and his sword’s blade slashed through the air and then stabbed forward. He looked up and saw a petite blonde female with a very generous bosom held back by a very flimsy camisole tiptoeing on the thin, outstretched blade.

“Hello mortal!” The blonde said cheerfully. “I heard you singing. You have a wonderful voice and your songs are so funny! I had to come see who was making such lovely music.”

Dante lowered his blade. The blonde slid down it and skipped onto the ground without a sound. Dante sheathed his sword. He asked, “You’re a wood nymph, aren’t you?”

“Dryope of the poplar at your service.” She giggled and bowed low, giving Dante an incredible view of her cleavage. She straightened up and said, “Who are you, handsome traveler and what brings you down this lonely path?”

Dante smiled. “Well Dryope, my name is Dante. I’m going to Neverwinter city to perform for some of the famous families there.”

Dryope danced around him. “Really?” She asked excitedly. “I would do anything to see the city!” She suddenly stopped dancing and pouted. “But, I can’t leave these woods unless someone takes a branch and a leaf of my tree with them.”

Dante looked up at the tree that she had jumped out from. “So, if I were to take a branch...” He snapped off a small twig. “...and a leaf...” He plucked off a leaf from the tree. “...you would come with me and do whatever I wanted?”

“Oh yes!” She said as her bright green eyes shone.

“Well then...”

What does Dante say?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)