More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ultrasound7 Ultrasound7

What are you?

A resident of Commorragh, the Dark City

Commorragh was originally the greatest of the Webway's portal-cities before the Fall; it was intended to be a hub, used to transport a fleet to any of the home-worlds of the Eldar empire. Because of the access it could grant to even the most far-flung corners of the galaxy in real-space, Commorragh was held by the ancient Eldar to be the most important location within the entire Webway. Due to its intrinsic strategic value, it was not controlled by any of the dominant factions within the Eldar empire. As a result of its autonomy from the jurisdiction of the great Eldar councils that governed the empire, the city-port soon became a magnet for all those inhabitants of the Eldar civilization who wished to hide from prying eyes. The realm of Commorragh rapidly expanded as all the wealth and influence of the great Eldar empire and its allies flowed into its coffers. It spread outward into the Webway's void, consuming the other port-cities, private estates and satellite realms of the Labyrinthine Dimension, growing ever larger and even more impressive off the plunder of ten thousand worlds.

During the Fall, many of the those who fell into the hedonistic pleasure-cults fled further into the webway to escape. They continued to thrive on their personal pursuits yet either din't realize or care that in order to do so they must feed on the pain, pleasure, misery and joy from themselves and others to sustain them. As such, they have spent millennia raiding each other. Lesser races and, most especially, their craftworld cousins who survive the raids are dragged back to the dark city as slaves. They are used and abused however their captors see fit; their torment as long and as painful as the raiders can make it last. Still others risk their souls to do business in the Dark City, mercenaries, traders, bounty hunters and such come to Commorragh seeking profit and pleasure alike.

So Who Are You?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)