More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Shandy Shandy

What does he see?

A proud and defiant woman

Titus stared at the tall redhead, noting that she stared back at him with haughty disdain. Her attitude was in marked contrast with the other captives, most of whom cowered in despair. She wore a tunic and kilt, their obvious finery now spoiled by dirt and several tears.

"Bring her to me," he commanded. The dispatch rider barked an order and the woman was cut from the string of captives and led in front of him, her hands still bound before her. Her eyes regarded him with undiluted hatred, and no sign of fear at all.

"Put this rebel on her knees," Titus ordered, the rider pushed her shoulder down but she resisted, pulling away and hissing defiance, her face stark and full of rage.

"I kneel to no Roman dog!" she snarled, looking like a wild animal brought to bay. Titus couldn't help but admire her furious courage, but he suppressed any sign of his feelings as he stared at her coldly. The rider moved to **** her again, but Titus held up a hand to stop him. He looked over the other captives, observing three others whose clothes indicated their higher status than the remainder. One of them bore a strong resemblance to the woman in front of him. This one, however, slumped dispirited and forlorn, her dusty face streaked with tears.

"Bring that one," he ordered, pointing. He thought he saw the defiance falter in the face of the woman in front of him as the cowering woman was dragged in front of him. Yes, clearly a family relationship he thought as he saw them together. Sisters most like.

"You are related to this rebel?" He said to the frightened girl in his kindliest tone, nodding towards the proud and defiant woman.

"Y..yes...yes...lord....She is my sister," the girl glanced quickly at her sibling and then away from her in evident shame at her own timidity.

He made a gesture, and a servant placed a metal bowl on the ground in front of the second woman. She looked at it with frightened, tearful eyes, while the first woman glanced from him to the bowl to her sister in angry puzzlement.

"Bend this one over," Titus ordered, pointing to the cowering girl. "When I give the word, open her throat and fill the bowl with her blood." The girl squealed in terror as she was bent over, her long red hair pulled to stretch her neck over the bowl. A legionnaire stepped forward with a blade in his hand, his eyes locked on Titus' face.

Titus looked at the defiant woman, seeing alarm and shock joining hatred in her face.

"On your knees, rebel," he said quietly. "Kneel before me or see your sister bled like a sow. Choose quickly."

Does she kneel?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)