More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by conkers024 conkers024

What happens next for Ethimilee and Broden?

A pressing military situation develops

"Your father would have torn these walls to the ground before he would ever allow an Orc to roam his halls!" Rienlest scolded the young queen. His voice echoed in the lonely hall the two occupied.

"My father would cast aside outdated prejudices to save the lives of our people." The young queen stood firm. " If Fainral was burning would you let women and children be slaughtered merely to protect your own ego?"

The prince grabbed the queen firmly by her arm and pulled her in close. " You do not need the savage's aid, I offer you an army of my best spearmen to protect your borders." Rienlest looked deep into her eyes and placed his free hand on her side allowing it to slowly dip down until he was cupping her soft arse. "I could protect you so much more if you would only keep me closer."

The young queen having gone ages without another's touch briefly lost herself in the moment and pressed closer to Rienlest. The thunderous noise of the hall doors parting helped her refocus and she quickly pushed him away.

Broden accompanied by Lethila came barging in. "There's a situation." Broden reported to the queen, ignoring Rienlest's presence completely. " The scouts have spotted a brigade of humans making their way to one of our strongholds through a ravine in the southeast. I recommend immediately deploying reinforcements, if my men and I leave quickly we can fortify their defenses before the humans arrive."

"Mother," Lethila spoke with her eyes averted. " Based on their markings and armor we believe the human brigade is being lead by Stephen the Serpent."

Ethimilee paused. She had heard the rumors of this human, he has the blood of hundreds if not thousands of elves on his hands. He fights like a serpent slithering through combat none of her men have been able to land a scratch on him. They say he wields a pair of poisoned daggers shaped like a snake's fangs, he needs only to break his opponents skin for the poison to paralyze and kill. For the first time since the war began, she feared for Broden's safety.

"Broden, perhaps we should order a retreat." Ethimilee looked to the Orc the pain in her eyes was clear to all in the room.

"My lady we Orcs fear no human or serpent." Broden spoke sternly. "I will take ten of my best men, the rest will stay here as your guard."

"Mother, I've studied the humans extensively, I could accompany Broden and offer my support in anyway I can." Lethila looked to Broden who looked as if he had no objection to her companionship.

"My Queen" Rienlest finally spoke. " Do not put your faith in these savages, such a small will be slaughtered like the animals they are. Allow my spearmen to go they will move swiftly and believe me no serpent will ever be able to maneuver around a thousand pointed spears." Rienlest moved in and whispered into Ethimilee's ear. "Of course I would stay here and expect to receive proper compensation for risking so many of my own men's lives when we have no obligation to this land."

Ethimilee thought about it deeply, the humans were on the move and a decision needed to be made quickly. Could she risk the lives of her daughter and commander or alternately could she accept help from a man who will surely bed her that night in exchange for his aid.

What does the Queen do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)