More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Kogan Kogan

What does the demon see?

A lush green forest (Elwynn Forest)

Healthy green trees, lush grass and rolling hills surrounded the demon, the sun sitting high in the cloudless blue sky. He was indeed alone, standing atop a small ridge overlooking what seemed to be a vast forest. Yes, he was sure of it. This must be Azeroth. From the information he'd gleaned from the anguished cries of tortured and broken prisoners this appeared to be the region known as Elwynn Forest. Azrathul smirked at the poetic justice, how fitting that his new empire would take root in the very heart of the Alliance, growing right under their self-righteous noses.

He closed his eyes, and murmured softly, weaving another spell. This was of lesser power but much more complex than the last and required utmost concentration. The arcane energy swirled around him, his demonic form shrinking in height and mass. His skin grew pale and his tail and horns receded. His cloven hooves became soft soled feet and his eyes turned from fel green to a cold blue-grey. With his spell complete he sneered at how puny this form felt compared to his own.

He frowned at his tattered robes and without a word they reformed to fit his new frame, altering their appearance to simple traveller's garb, ragged and torn. His new body bore numerous wounds, enough to look serious but not fatal. It was a mediocre effort at best he mused, any skilled mage would see through his deception almost immediately, but it would suffice for simple peasants. From the ridge he could see a small isolated cottage in a forest clearing, an ideal location to lay low and recuperate.

A young woman sat by the well reading her book in the warm summer afternoon, relaxing in a patch of sunlight breaking through the trees. She reached up to brush a few strands of golden hair from her eyes and jumped as she heard the snapping of twigs and rustle of branches. Glancing up she got to her feet, slowly backing towards her cottage. “H-hello? Who goes there?” she called out, clutching the book to her chest almost like a shield, “come out now or I'll...I'll call for the guards!” As if in response a figure emerged, clutching at his chest and bleeding profusely. “Help me...” he gasped, struggling to stand. “...Wolves.” he groaned as his strength left him and he fell to the ground.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)