More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Gfnexi Gfnexi

How does Lorenzo's day start?

A knock on his bedroom door

Lorenzo's eyes groggily open as a light knocking noise comes from his bedroom door. " Lorenzo it's time for breakfast." his mother says through the door. Lorenzo shifts in his double bed wrapping one of his pillows around his head. "Lorenzo wake up now, Its time for breakfast and i do not want you to be late for school!" his mother repeats. Lorenzo sits up in his bed and begins to reply "okay mum..." his voice higher pitched then normal due to his tiredness, with a quick cough he clears his throat to normal. "I'm awake, I'll be down in a few minuets." he shouts.

Getting up out of bed he looks around his room. The bedroom was just tidy enough to show that he cared about the space and just messy enough to show that he was a teenage boy. In one corner was his double bed with a gaming PC set up in the opposite corner. Lorenzo walks towards his bedroom door and grabs his thick grey dressing gown down from the hook. He wraps it around himslef and ties it around his waist.

As he walks into the hallway he is greeted by the smell of freshly made toast coming from down the stairs. He walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and was greeted by the sight of his mother sat lent against the kitchen island enjoying her morning coffee and cigarette. Lorenzo took note that there was only two cups of coffee laid out.

"Good morning mum." he says as he kisses her on the cheek. He could smell the cigarette smoke on her breath and couldn't understand why she still kept up the habit. "Has dad already left?" he asked. "yeah, he had to rush in this morning to prepare for a meeting, which is fine becuase it leaves more coffee for us!" she said rahter cheerfully taking another sip between the drags of her cigarette. Lorenzo looked at his mum enjoying her cigarette. Everytime he asked her why she smoked he was met with admissions of guilt and disgust which didn't match up to the look of pure delight the adorned her face.

They both finished their toast and coffee and Rachela kissed her son on the forehead and began to leave for work. "I'll see you this evening Lorenzo. I didn't have any change for your lunch so I've left a £20 note by the door. Have a good day today." Lorenzo walked his mum to the front door and closed it behind her as she left. he caught a glimpse of her lighting another cigarette as she walked down to her car.

Lorenzo turned in the hallway and contemplated what to do next.

What does he do next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)