More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jerynboe Jerynboe

Will we be following me, or someone like me?

A human in Azeroth (complete)

Chapter One

4/21 afternoon

“…so we're enlisting the aid of anyone willing to defend their home and the alliance. If you're here to answer the call, then speak with my superior, Marshal McBride. He's inside the abbey behind me.” I blinked, looking at the helmeted man in blue and white enameled armor. I looked around, noticing the large, marble building in front of me.

“You ok, sir? Here, have a drink.” A waterskin was shoved into my hand, and I drank. “It can be a long journey. Don’t worry, you’re not the first man to let yourself get dehydrated on the road, but if it’s heatstroke you may need to see a healer.” He had a friendly smile under his helmet, and held onto my shoulder to steady me.

“No, no I’m fine. Thank you. I’m just a little overwhelmed. I’ve heard of Northshire Abbey but I didn’t expect it to be so beautiful.” I hurried away from the concerned guard. I’m pretty sure I was a bit dehydrated, but I wanted to get moving. Today was the first day of my new life, and I was in the World of Warcraft human starting zone.

I jogged into the abbey’s front hall, and saw a bald man in slightly more ornate armor speaking with a few robed people. He seemed important, so I stood just inside the abbey and waited for him to finish before approaching. While I waited, I examined myself. I was taller than I’d ever been in my old life, with a heavily muscular physique that looked like it came from years of constant heavy labor paired with enough food to grow.

“Ah good, another volunteer I hope?” I answered in the affirmative, “Well, be ready for a long campaign. The Alliance is in dire straits these days. Name?”

“Erich Bismark, sir.” It was a new name, but felt natural enough. It was the name of this new me, who had fled the scourge as a child and ended up growing up near Stormwind as a farmhand.

“Do you know how to fight or are you here for training?”

“I’m afraid I don’t have much experience with more serious than a drunken brawl. I’ll need training.” He seemed a bit disappointed at that, having already given my enhanced physique a once over, but didn’t let it show for more than a second. “Well, that’s fine. We’ll kick you into shape in no time. You will be tested by our trainers, and assigned to one when we find a good fit. Until then, we’ll have you helping out around the abbey to earn your keep. Food, water, and shelter; your clothes seem to be in good enough repair for now but we will get you a robe if you decide to stay for long. Brother Danil, will you help this man to a room with a bit of bread?” He calls out to a haggard, greying man and before long I’m in a tiny room with a small cot, a footlocker, and a hunk of crusty bread.

I sat down on my cot and went through my things. Time to investigate what I have to work with.

(Art by NovelAi https://imgur.com/a/O3V0cFQ )

What do I have to work with?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)