More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Naruyashan Naruyashan

What manner of creature do you encounter?

A human! Thank the Emperor!

After a good while staring at the figure, the figure begins to move close, not saying a word. Your mind races- even wounded and dazed as you are, you're still a trained soldier, and you like to think that you're a damn good one at that… present circumstances notwithstanding. Still, what you come up with isn't exactly ideal. You've got no weapons, you're weakened, and likely at an informational disadvantage too, considering how many creatures out there have perfect night vision. You know that the human form is divine and all, but you can't help but think your species got the short end of the proverbial stick.

At the very least, the figure doesn't seem to be wielding a gun, as far as you can tell. That's good-maybe you have a chance. You've got about the strength of a disabled Ratling right now, but that's better than nothing.

You ready yourself for a fight, weak as you are. You'd be damned if you went out without one-quite literally, going off what the preachers are always spouting. The figure doesn't pause in its advance. “I have the high ground. Don't try it.” You pause at that. ‘What?’ You think, bewildered. ‘What relevance does that have to a fistfight? The advantage that you'd get from your position is negligible at best.’ As the figure grows close enough for you to make out its general shape, you can tell that it's a fair bit shorter than you.

“Besides,” The figure continues, “I am no threat to you, sir.” The figure becomes much easier to make out, and you feel hope soar within you before mercilessly squashing it. That's not a good thing to have too much of right about now. Still, she seems to be a civilian, and one that doesn’t seem particularly hostile. Promising, even considering that the average civilian doesn't exactly have the highest opinion of guardsmen like yourself.

Her hair and eyes both seems to be a deep, dark brown-almost black, really-the top of her head a mop of mousy hair that is obviously not tended to beyond the bare minimum. Her face is also minimally adorned, but she has a sort of ‘agri-world girl’ charm that makes her look all the more beautiful for it. Her body is toned, oddly so, and you assume that she is indeed an agri-worlder, and not one to let the machines do all the work at that. Despite your state, you can't help but feel your eyes drift to her chest... finding her to be completely flat. You suppose it makes sense-you doubt that an agri-world farmer would have a very fat-rich diet, though you're surprised that she doesn't have at least something to show off. The troubles of a Guardsman never end, you suppose. It would have been nice to have some eye candy. At the very least, she certainly seems like the responsible sort.

Her eyes widen as she seems to get a better look at you. “You’re hurt, sir!” She exclaims. You nod, making your way towards her now that you’ve found her trustworthy. “Please, come with me. My home is just a few miles away!” Her home, eh? It must be quite damaged, if it’s this close to a warzone. Then again, she may just have gotten lucky. Either way, you consider yourself blessed to have met someone halfway decent after what you've went through.

Does She Take You Home?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)