More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What do Xena and Gabby decide?

A hot meal sounds nice!

"Mmmm!" Gabrielle drooled as the opportunity for a hot meal was mentioned. Only last week while in a nearby wood Xena had used the last of their cooking pans to stun a pair of bandits. The pan had been totally ruined in the process.
"I could really go for something hot!" she said and shot Xena a dirty look.
Xena couldnt help but notice, and she raised one eyebrow at her companions comment.
"Well those bandits wouldve carried on being a nuisance until someone did something!" she protested, but Gabrielle was already walking into the Inn.

Inside a log fire crackled merrily in a stone grate while around it a few farmers supped ale from pewter tankards and gossiped about the weather and such. Along on wall was a low short table which seemed to be serving as the bar. The Innkeeper showed the two women to a small round table and informed them of what was available. He had barely finished when Gabrielle piped up...
"Two tankards of ale and some of that delicious stew I can smell!" she chirped.
"Gabrielle..." Xena tried to interject. But she saw the futility of arguing and closed her mouth.

Half an hour later Gabrielle pushed her bowl away and belched heartily.
"My compliments to your cook!" she called to the Innkeeper, who smiled warmly back.
"Xena, youve barely touched your stew." she remarked.
"Gabrielle," Xena whispered softly, "Have you noticed that cowled figure over there?". Gabrielle turned to look.
"No!" Xena caught her by the arm, "Dont be so obvious."
"What is he doing?" Gabrielle enquired.
"Nothing, except hes been staring at us since we arrived. I think I had better keep an eye on him!"

An hour later the door to the private room opened and the hooded figure walked inside. He turned to secure the door. When he turned back there sat a powerful looking woman in black leather armor trimed with bronze.
"Is there a shortage of beautiful women where you come from, or is there another reason why you wee staring at us all night?" Xena asked matter-of-factly.
"Ahh, but if only I could capture a beauty such as yours," the hidden figure said as he opened his cloak, "I might be tempted to give up this life that I lead!". A small smile broke over Xenas face as her deep brown eyes met the twinkling blue eyes of Autolycus, the King of thieves!

What is the king of thieves doing here?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)