More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SG SG

What's next?

A forgettable story.

He seemed so familiar, but Becky just couldn't figure out where she knew him from. He noticed her staring from across the cafe and gave her an oddly melancholy look. She quickly turned back to her book, embarrassed to be caught staring. Soon she was in back in the world of Kingsbridge Priory, the strange moment of deja vu forgotten.

She was startled when a man pulled up a chair and sat across from her. She'd never seen him in her life, but he seemed familiar. He smiled warmly and asked, "May I sit here?"

Becky looked around the coffeeshop. There was plenty of open seating. Was this guy hitting on her? He wasn't bad looking, with dark hair and brown eyes and a skinny build covered by jeans and a plain tee. She decided to take a chance.

"Sure," she said. She reached over to shake his hand. "Becky."

"Sam," he said with a sad look on his face. "So, Becky, what are you reading?"

"Pillars of the Earth. Have you read it?"

He gave an odd chuckle. "I have, it's a favorite of mine. I'm not surprised you like it."

"I didn't say I like it," she smirked.

"You do, though, right?"

Becky slipped the bookmark in place and set the book down. "So far, yeah. So what are you doing here? Do you just start talking to strangers at cafes a lot?"

Once again a strange, inscrutable sadness touched his features. He paused a moment before replying. "More than I used to. Can I show you something?"

Becky tensed up. She was an attractive woman and when strange men approached her and asked questions like that, she knew from experience that it was probably nothing good. "Sure..." she replied warily.

He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his photos. He picked a video, but before he handed her the phone he spoke with a lowered voice. "Now, Becky, this may be a little shocking but please don't freak out. And please stay at the table. It's important."

She took the phone from him with trepidation and pressed play. The video started in a bar near her house. Was this creep taking videos of her?

Her fears were confirmed when she showed up on screen. She recognized the clothes she was wearing but had no recollection of this night out. She was slightly tipsy in the video, but not blackout drunk. "Whoooo!" the Becky on the phone yelled. "Guess who's fucking engaged?"

Becky's mouth fell open as the camera panned down to a diamond ring on her finger. A second shock occurred when the camera panned back up to show the stranger sloppily kissing her before turning the to the camera with a huge grin. "Sam and Becky!" he yelled and the video ended.

She looked up at the stranger, who was still smiling sympathetically. "What the fuck?" she whispered under her breath. "What is this? Who are you?"

"I'm Sam," he said. "I need your help, Becky."

What kind of help?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)