More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by gramana gramana

What's next?

A dip in the water

It had been Okoye's idea. Honest.

Shuri had been through a lot. After T'Challa and, well, everything, she'd needed to take a break. Retiring to the less developed parts of Wakanda while she figured out who she wanted to be seemed like the best option. Then a conversation with Okoye had happened, and Shuri had come out here, to the lakeside, in the early night.

In a way, it was a spin on a Wakandan ritual - one of those that had a function regardless of one's own beliefs. Okoye had sworn by it, said it helped her to feel refreshed after so many clashes.

Shuri stood by the shore, listening to the gentle lapping of the waves. It was something the Americans called skinny dipping - Okoye had suggested it even before tying it to ritual, as a kind of marker, a dividing point to cool off in the water and clear her mind, and emerge refreshed. Elsewhere in Wakanda, there were more meditative pools that some people used, though she'd never been the type.

The ocean was less calm, but was vaster, somehow feeling more suited. Shuri closed her eyes, took a deep breath of salty air, before psyching herself up. She took a last glance around the beach - Okoye said it was usually quiet out here, but she couldn't be too sure - and swallowed. Carefully, she slipped off her shoes, dipping her toes in the water to test - cool, but not too cool.

She hesitated. Then she looked around again, as her bare foot returned to land. Before she could talk herself out of it, Shuri slowly peeled off her shirt.

There was a small fire not far from the riverside, more for impromptu food than warmth. Still, she lay her shirt near it, expecting it to be toasty when she returned to it. She looked back out at the inky blue of the sea, a little unused to the cooler breeze as it settled over her newly bared arms, toned stomach, and the decent dip of cleavage behind her sports bra.

She slipped down her pants next, laying them near the fire as well. She bit her lip, not sure what people would make of this. The Princess of Wakanda in her underwear - yes, it was just for a dip, but something about it felt so undignified.

She undid her bra, nipples hardening as they came into contact with the breeze. She held onto the garment for a few seconds, before gently setting it down. It took another glance around before she shed her panties, leaving the last of her clothes to warm up near the fire.

Deep breaths Shuri, she told herself. She crouched down, one arm over her breasts, the other for balance on the floor. She stepped closer to the lapping waves, then shrugged.

Okoye swore it was refreshing, and who was she to doubt?

Shuri held her breath as she dipped one foot into the water, and then slid in deeper. She took a careful step forwards, wading until the wave slapped at her thighs. Then, bracing herself for the shock of cooler water, she kicked off to swim a stroke forwards.

An unexpected grin found her face, her nerves momentarily forgotten in a thrill of freedom. The water reached her neck, and she rolled onto her back, feeling her body shift in new ways.

Okay, maybe Okoye had a point after all. There was something freeing about this, no barriers between her body and the elements, as the immensity of the sea seethed below and around her.

After a few minutes, smiling, Shuri paddled back to shore. She knelt, crawled, then managed to get back up to her feet as she made it to land again.

Okay, that had been nice. She breathed a sigh of relief, and took a step-

“Princess?”

She froze. Nervously, Shuri turned around. There had been no one near her, she’d checked and double-checked and-

And rather than a Wakandan, there was Namor, admittedly clad in not much more than she was. He, at least, seemed bewildered. Her eyes went wide, an accidental squeak slipping past her lips.

Okay. Lesson learned. Skinny dipping was dangerous if you knew a race of people that lived underwater.

Hastily, fidgeting, Shuri lifted an arm to cross awkwardly across her breasts, holding it tightly back against herself. Her other hand she carefully held over her core, wrist not quite blocking out the patches of black stubble. She faltered.

“Hello?” Namor said, uncharacteristically caught by surprise. He paused. “There are people in the waters less comfortable with Wakanda than I am. Consider being less . There might be people that mean you harm.”

“I think I’d probably prefer that right now,” Shuri mumbled, feet rooted in place, the cooling water making her suddenly hyperaware of her nakedness.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)