More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Spindizzy Spindizzy

Who are you?

A businessman using a temporary sleeve for a trip

You lay back in the comfortable leather recliner as soothing ambient music plays in your ears. A technician sleeved in a beautiful woman attaches complicated looking equipment to your scalp. You focus on breathing the warm lemon scented air and pushing down the tight knot of tension in your stomach.

You had been excited about your promotion and of course you knew it would involve more travel for you. That was part of why you had gone for it. The chance to visit other countries, even other worlds and get paid for the privilege, who wouldn't?

However, in your excitement, you had overlooked one important detail. The company would pay for your business travel but it was generally considered much more efficient to just send your mind rather than taking the time and expense of shipping your whole body wherever you needed to be. Heck, if your destination was outside of the solar system the journey could take centuries so you understand the logic of it. It's just that now the moment has come and your consciousness is about to beamed away via quantum scale instantaneous wormhole you can't help feeling a little apprehensive.

For a moment you consider refusing, even if it means resigning there and then but just as quickly dismiss the idea. You are being irrational, you tell yourself, this is by far the safest way to travel. Steeling yourself you take a deep breath, nod to the tech to signal you are ready and in the blink of an eye you are gone...

Where do you arrive?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)