More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by trendytoys27 trendytoys27

Where to set it?

A Toy store

Standing behind the toy store, Toy World, a pair of workers were waiting for the new stock to be delivered. "Hear anything about what's coming in?," Jill asked, still scanning the horizon for one of the usual huge white truck approaching. "Just that it's a few new sets of toys, mostly from Globotech play systems," Brandon replied leaning on the wall closest to the door to the store. ”Globo-what?” his coworker questioned with an annoyed tone. "Oh, you didn't hear, Globotech took over small toy company, think heartland or something," he explained while taking his cell phone.

Jill just sighed and looked at her watch, "Wonder what's taking so long," she groaned still annoyed by the sear weirdness of that company. "Well might be a new driver or something, switching from the old ones to their own," Brandon piped in taking his eyes off his phone to point out a white truck pulling in. "is that Joe," he asked looking into the driver cabin and noticing a familiar jacket

The vehicle parked in front of the pair, the logo of Globotech displayed on the back and sides. Jogging toward the driver side, the two were met by the usual older gentleman driver for Heartland toys, Joe.

"Hey Jill, Brandon," the older man greeted the employees as they reached him. "You still drive for Heartland," Jill asked with a smile across her face, happy to the that the Joe still had a job. "Well it's Globotech now, I swear in a few years the bigger companies will wipe out mom-and-pop shops then boom no more microbreweries," he complained walking to the back of his truck with his keys in hand. "Wait. We got this Joe," Brandon exclaimed trying to grab for the keys. "Oh, no you don’t." He quipped, smacking the young man's hands away. "We heard it was a lighter load, Jill calmly explained to the driver as they rounded the truck to the back. "Think Brandon just wants to let you take a break,"

"Well I do have a few stops to take after this," Joe chuckled liking the idea of doing nothing for a few minutes. "Alright but you can't take longer than twenty minutes." Then he unlocked the doors and opened them exposing the interior filled with boxes.

"I'll grab the dolly," Brandon chuckled nervously and ran back into the store." Hey Joe, know why we are getting a lighter shipment?" Jill asked moving some toys filled boxes to the end of the truck. "Something about needing to pull two lines of toys and a partnership that was in the works," he said waving his hand as if to bat away something. "Think the lines that got pulled was getting tie ins from another toy that had their end of things at the ready." paused to stretch his back, "But Globotech had to hold pulling the trigger and after some talks let these be released.” he capped his explanation of his understanding with a gesture to the six boxes she had moved. "Any idea what they are," she asked leaning on the stack of boxes, in search for a name of a toy. "The lines that got canned were some kinda military boy toy." Joe said watching Brandon exit the building with two dollies. "Might be some RC cars or something" he continued before walking off to a bench...

What happened next

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)