More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LizardGod LizardGod

Story List

A Thousand Words(/)

“You burning the midnight oil again, boss?”

I looked up from the computer screen, taking a few seconds for my eyes to refocus on the bright pink face of Jessie. She smiled at me as I sighed and leaned back in the office chair. “Looks like it, Jess,” I said as I stared at the document open on my screen, a speech for my Husbands event tomorrow. “I just need to nail this speech.”

Jessy, in the green and black uniform of our staffers, came around my cubicle and looked over my shoulder. Her lips moving silently as she read the changes I had made that stood out a bright red on the screen.

“Seems great to me, boss.” She said loyally, “but I’m not half the writer you are. That’s why I just book the venues.”

“You do far more than that!” I replied, which was true. Jessie had gone from being a bright-eyed journalism student who was volunteering to help out a candidate she truly believed in and had become my right-hand woman. Pulling my ass out of the fire so many times I had lost count. I already knew I was going to offer her a job when the campaign was over, win or lose.

Pulling on her coat she shrugged, looking embarrassed at my praise. “Well just don’t stay up too late boss.” She said as she headed for the elevator. “Don’t want to wear yourself out.”

Waving to her as the lift doors closed I rubbed my eyes. All around me was green and black stickers, flags, posters and even a stuffed dog. We had gone all out for this campaign. My husband, Marcus Mckellar, was running for Senator for the state. It seemed like decades ago that he told me he was going to run and asked me to come on and run the whole show.

At the time I had thought it would be an easy little deal, spend a month or two standing around at events and looking every bit the perfect housewife the voters of the state wanted. Then they would vote and it would be done. Instead, it had turned into what like an endless slog of town halls, dinners, meet & greets and Q&A after Q&A.

Yet we had got through it and now we were on the cusp of actually winning this thing. We had the old fuck on the other side on the run and the exit polls all seemed to state that the writing was on the wall. Soon it would be Senator Mckellar fighting for this state. All I needed to do was get this fucking speech right!

An email notification popped up in the corner of my screen. Coming not from my work email but my personal email that I had open in the background. I frowned as I leaned forward and pulled up the email. I hadn’t expected any emails and certainly not from my personal account right now.

The email loaded up, an automatic slideshow of image loading with it. As soon as the first image appeared my heart turned to ice.

The picture was of my husband, his broad shoulders and strong facial features unmistakable. No sane human could say it was anyone other than him and I was looking at a picture of him with his lips wrapped around another man’s cock.

I quickly shut down my pc, making sure to wipe the cookies and every other trace of info I could think off from it before I did. Standing up on shaky legs I pulled on my jacket. I was the only one left in the Campaign office at this time of night. Green and black “Vote Mckellar!” banners and stickers covered the place as I bolted for the elevator.

Need to Get Home

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)