More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nom Nom Nom de Plume Nom Nom Nom de Plume

Does anyone approach?

A Rather Beautiful Twi'lek

You can tell instantly that she doesn't really belong here. Eyes that had been studiously watching drinks were now laser focused on the new arrival. The music seemed quieter, as though someone turned it down so they could catch her voice. Even the serving droid ran into a table, its processors preoccupied with scanning her form.

She has clearly tried to dress inconspicuously, but has failed miserably. For one, despite the hood you can tell she is a twi'lek. She is betrayed by the blue skin illuminated in the neon lights of the bar, and the twin lekku trailing out from beneath her drawn hood. While her dress isn't showing much skin, it is elegantly designed, and it's quality shows it was made several levels up. No one down here could afford clothes close to that quality, and few would choose the fashion anyway. Her hood might help her avoid facial recognition scans, but every man here tonight will remember seeing her.

You watch as she crosses hurriedly to the bar. You eye her over your drink, intrigued. She walks with a sense of purpose that tells you she's looking for more than just a night out, and when Easu at the bar nods in your direction your suspicion is confirmed. She's looking for help, probably dangerous help, and your reputation around here labels you as a man willing to do the dirty work, but unlikely to kill or betray someone without cause. As she approaches, you put down your datapad and drain the rest of your drink.

"Excuse me, Mr. Marks. I don't mean to interrupt. My name is Ranna, and I need some help. You come highly recommended." Behind her, Easu scowls at you. Approvingly? He rarely talks, so she must be stretching 'highly recommended'.

She's even more gorgeous up close. Her striking yellow eyes look radiant against the azure blue of her skin, beautiful even through her obvious distress. Her body is performing that magic trick all twi'leks seem born knowing; despite the modest style of the dress she's wearing, and the hooded cloak she wears over it, you can see (feel? sense?) the supple curve of her breast and lithe, dancer's body.

You realize you've been staring. You do your best to play it off as though you were deciding if she is worth your time, and shrug nonchalantly. You gesture with one hand for her to sit down, and gesture with your empty glass to Easu. As the woman seats herself and the service droid pours you and Ranna drinks, you lean forward and cut right to the chase.

"What's the job?"

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)