More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CarlTheCarl CarlTheCarl

You get a package in the mail containing...

A Portal

You stare at the text document in confusion. Did this thing just modify itself? You quickly close it out and open it again in a different editor, but the single sentence is all that greets you. You quickly disconnect from the WiFi and run an antivirus scan, but it seems to be a totally normal text file.

You lean back and look at the blinking cursor in thought. You aren't connected to the internet, so no harm in playing along. If this is genie rules then you should be careful what you put in, just in case. You could put in a million dollars, but then the IRS might come around asking where it came from. You wrack your brain for something that cant possibly backfire. Your thoughts eventually drift into the dirty territory and you fantasize about some of the women in your life. Maybe you could finally get with your neighbor Rebecca.

Perhaps a mind control device? No, it could be used on you. Eventually you realize you need something impossible, and with minimal risk to yourself. Picking up your laptop you begin typing.

'You get a package in the mail containing a pen that, when used with intent, can draw portals connecting two points.'

You hit enter and the sentence slowly fades, replaced by a timer counting down from 12 hours. You quickly check that your internet is still disconnected and close out of the file without saving. When you open it back up again you panic as the timer reappears, counting down. you are distracted from your slowly mounting anxiety by your doorbell ringing. You ratchet straight up to panic and hurry downstairs to get it before either of your sisters hear it.

A courier stands outside the door looking bored. You gape at him as he offers a small package to you. Finally after a moment of hyperventilating you snatch the package and run back upstairs to the safety of your room.

You hear Rose muttering something downstairs as you rip open the package and are confronted with a surprisingly normal looking pen. Shakily you pick it up, and haltingly draw a circle in the air, imagining it connecting to the other side of your room. You let out an explosive sigh as nothing happens. Walking over to your desk you repeat your experiment with a piece of paper and jump when you see a hole in the face of your desk with your form visible on the other side.

Quickly glancing up you don't see anything, and you glance between your desk and the far wall before you pick up a pencil and haltingly drop it through the portal. It falls for a moment before shooting out of the wall on the far side of the room and clattering to the floor.

Your eyes widen in terror, what if this is now permanent? You poke the portal with the pen, but nothing happens until you try and scribble on it. The portal winks out of existence. With a sigh you lean back and stare at the once again blank piece of paper.

What do you do with it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)