More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dracone dracone

Which Protagonist Do you Wish to Follow?

A Note For the Readers Who are Thinking of Contributing and/or Borrowing from This Story

This story takes a while, mostly because I'm writing paired chapters, some offshoot chapters are planned for later on in the story. Now, you're free to use the material I provide in my stories in your own stories (or games), just give me a heads up so I can know and hand share some notes with you for what you might be missing. After I have a dozen or so/more chapters for both halves up, I think the world will be built up enough for possibly other stories by other authors to have stories going on in it, and I'm fine with that.

If you want to try sharing a suggestion for a chapter I'm mostly fine with it, just make sure it doesn't conflict with everything else that's going on in the story at the time, we can go back and edit later if something means it needs to change.

To me, the most important thing is the readers are having fun. And a quick note, while the monsters referred to the 7 Devil Dragons of Sin is something I came up with for this story on my own (I haven't seen any stories or games anywhere make use of such a concept), the source that inspired them came from Hindu and Vedic lore/mythology, I just made some minor tweaks to what I've managed to uncover in my research to make it better fit as lore for the world of the story, and that source is a monster called the Vritra.

From what I was able to unearth, because this is something you really don't see discussed in any of the media or game lore I've been exposed to, the Vritra is a massive Demonic Dragon with a snake-like body with hunger so ravenous it wants to devour the heavens, and its body is so big it can literally coil itself around mountains. And yes, Jormungondr (the Midgard Serpent) from Norse mythology is arguably bigger, and almost as hard to kill, Jormungondr dies during Ragnarok, but the Vritra fought a party of literal gods during the time the earth was just a barren rock and had all the waters of the world cut out of its cut from its stomach, was severely wounded, and the gods still couldn't kill it, the best they could do was put in a supposedly endless sleep and seal it away where no other being should be able to reach it. So yeah, an epic monster that makes the Tarasque look like a stepping stone in terms of defeatability. And I initially learned about it while learning about the inspirations for the Digimon in Digimon Frontier, what the English dub of the series calls Burning Greymon, the original Japanese version flat out calls Vritramon (a mistranslation I encountered claimed it was Vritusmon). And yes, I know how some people feel about Digimon Frontier, it feels like one of the most rushed series in the Digimon franchise.

But I thought the Vritra worked so well as a literal manifestation of the mortal sin of Gluttony from Catholic theology that it deserved to have "siblings" in demonic dragons that each are akin to a manifestation of one of the 7 Deadly/Mortal Sins. And hence, the 7 Devil Dragons of Sin, the names for all the rest are coming completely from my own mind, for the time being. And the idea of a Succubus dragon isn't all that original, I got the idea from a hentai comic I read a while back. But the idea of fragments of the essence of these sealed multi-versal threat level demonic dragons leaking into other planes of existence and altering/corrupting other creatures was something I devised for the story, I'm sure some storytellers/DMs/GMs have come up with something similar but I've never encountered it, so the version in this story comes wholly from me.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)