More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Who are you?

A HARD WORKING GUY

My name is James and I am your run of the mill guy, nothing to note about my appearance, has in the eyes of people I was neither handsome nor ugly, brown eyes and hair called no ones attention, white skin like most people in the United States and height of 1,70 m or 5,5’ ft, I did not appear in the dating pools of most entitle girls of this country but there was one thing I took pride in myself and than always gave me somewhat of a notice among the people who know me, I am a hard Worker.

When your only characteristic worth notice is being a hard worker one can never be too sure if people are being nice or if its the truth, resulting in you working even harder to make sure that when people compliment your hard work you are sure they are being sincere and boy don’t I know a thing or two about that, I started working when I was fourteen and by the time I finished my studies for a mastery in Administration, I had already done more things than most of the rich, woke activist kids combined And now I am 25 years old and Fired, because of spending costs apparently although I was frustrated beyond believe I did not explode in emotion I had a reputation to keep, I jumped into my car and drove away from my job going back home but in the way I stopped for at a local coffee shop and ordered I piece strawberry pie.

Yes I was trying to drawn my pain in the half sweet half bitter, the shop were I was sitting was nearly empty just a guy sitting right beside me the cashier and a barista cleaning the tables, in the TV the news about the news about the Realdreams company and Earth Prime were spinning, I never paid much attention to those after all Living Here in Earth Adjunct nº 35 or Principles Earth as the primers called my home instance of Earth, the news about Earth prime rarely seemed to be relevant.

Now You must be thinking what about owning Characters, well in my mind that was something that rich people did, and I was not rich and probably would never be specially now that I was unemployed, so whatever commercial Realdreams was running was irrelevant for a guy like me. Really the normal price of a character from a very unknown TV Series or anime was US$ 5000 Dollars, my old used car cost me US$ 10000 Dollars, my salary is... or rather was US$ 2500 dollars every month so buying characters was not for common guy’s like me.

Then as I finished the pie I asked the barista for a coffee and as I was drinking it the news program started in the TV, the host started with a set of new’s that called my attention it was about W.A.R. (Woman Against Realdreams), their leader Emma Watson was giving another speech about the evil’s of the company and about it’s lack of morals making me say.

— Keep talking Watson, nobody cares especially after they caught you donating to those fake humanitarian organizations that was headed by a ... Hypocrite.

I whispered that for my self not wanting to anger some fan of Watson with might be around the W.A.R. movement was seen a bunch of idiots and retrogrades and hypocrites with wanted to stand in the way of progress that was true in all of the Earths and here on Earth 35 even more so. Why you as well it’s because Realdreams in here had a far more moral approach with the selling of their products, especially the characters, not selling for people with a history of violent crime, checking every two years on the health of their sold characters with so called free revisions, similar to what car companies did with vehicles they sold.

Whit all those rules that Earth 35 branch of Realdreams put in place ever since they started business here, earned the name of our Earth Adjunct as the Principles Earth, but there was a very nice side effect support for organizations like W.A.R. take a stratospheric drop in the last decade, and once you factor the scandals their leaders Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe had gotten involved their support had basically evaporated leaving only the most fanatical, indoctrinated and sometimes violent still supporting the group.

— Oh how the mighty has fallen

I whispered once again, making the guy besides me chuckle a little I took a look at him he were a fedora hat, a brown trench-coat with made him look like a old school movie detective. He looked back at me and nodded before placing his pay on the counter and taking a small slip of paper from the internal pocket of his and handing it to me. I took it and as about to ask what it was he signaled to me to stay quiet, he got up and left after that leaving me wondering what had just happened.

I took a look at the paper hoping to find a clue to what the Fedora Guy was trying to tell me only to see that the paper was Lottery ticked for Powerball int he verse was a rather interesting text: but I decided to read with more privacy at home after reading the first line with said.

“To you who spoke against Emma Watson today”.

Yup not something that I wanted to read in public at a cafe where a crazy supporter of W.A.R. could see it. I put my pay in the counter along with a tip and left the cafe entered my car and drove home.

Once I arrived at the building and had made my way to my small two bedroom apartment I took the ticked and sitting At my table I read the words of the mysterious man.

“To you who spoke against Emma Watson today”

It started as mysteriously as the men who gave it to me

“You have more courage than I do, my daughter loved Emma Watson and run away from home to join the W.A.R. she did not return to me in life, I wanted to have the courage to go after W.A.R. and see to their demise but I am a coward so I do not deserve this prized ticket that you now have, go and take it the prize for yourself I ask for nothing other than you do not support W.A.R. in any way, live the life I do not deserve to live.”

Well to say I was chocked was a hell of a understatement, I looked at the ticket again and sure enough there it was the lottery receipt stapled to the ticket and the supposed prized numbers marked in it, not being a betting guy I needed to look the numbers of the last prize draw for Powerball lottery and there it was the same numbers, I didn’t wait a second put the ticket in my pocked grabbed my keys and headed out to collect the prize I didn’t even take a look at how big the prize was because of how munch in a hurry I was.

Soon I had returned home and started packing my things I was now a rich men and no way I was going to stay living in my current apartment, it would take a Week for the prize to enter my account, and what a Hellish week it was but finally the money was in and Surprise the money sum was big very very big, like if you picked all the money I had earned my entire life down to every single cent it would be like a drop of sweet water in the middle of the ocean.

What Now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)