More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Where does Hannah take you?

A Bank

You followed Hannah out of the gas station in silence, you kept your revolver unholstered, something felt off about all this. Everything you have ever seen, when it came to apocalyptic events, lead you to believe that you would be robbed any moment. Oddly as you both made your way down the decrepit street, Hannah turned to you and gave you a small smile, "Still apprehensive huh?"

You looked up at her then you slowly scanned the area, "Yeah...I guess you could say that." You admitted,

"I get it, trust me, I know. This whole thing may smell fishy but I promise, making this little leap of faith will be better for you in the long run." Hannah reassured,

"Uh-huh," You replied in a dismissive tone, "But you've gotta see my side of this. Me, a guy all alone, is approached by an attractive woman and lead out into the middle of the street." You continued, being very plain in your response.

"I..." Hannah said holding a snicker, "I'll just take part of that as a compliment, and the other part, I get it. As I said though, we need people, anyone we find is welcome and needed." She finally stopped walking and you tightened your grip on your revolver. She reached into her pocket and simply pulled out a key, she walked over to an older jeep, quickly getting into the driver's seat. "C'mon...huh, you know, I never caught your name."

You raised your brow slightly, "Garrett." You replied,

"Garrett," Hannah said back to herself, "Well Garrett, get in we've got a short drive ahead of us." You stood for a moment, internally arguing with yourself, when suddenly her jeep began to roll forward, "Okay buddy, the train is leaving the station...last call..."

"Alright," You quickly called out running over to the jeep, "I'm coming, stop the jeep!"

The jeep abruptly stopped and you got into the passenger seat, Hannah gave you a little grin before pressing down the gas, speeding down the empty street. The drive was silent, not only were you on edge you had no idea what you should even say, the small talk seemed to die out along with the rest of civilization. Hannah didn't seem to mind in the slightest, or maybe she just didn't really notice, she was too busy drifting around the corners on the road. She finally spoke up after five minutes, "You know, a lot of bad shit has happened in the last few months but," Hannah continued while slammed on the brakes spinning around yet another corner, "Being able to speed without worry of the cops is a plus."

"Yeah?" You shot back as you sat up in your seat, "You know, we can still die though."

"Everybody dies Garrett, and they die a lot quicker nowadays. I figure I should enjoy myself while I'm still able." Hannah replied with a shrug,

After another few minutes of a terrifying driving experience, Hannah abruptly stopped the jeep in front of the city's bank. You looked at the large stone building for a moment of confusion before looking back to Hannah, "It's a bank."

"Yeah, get out we got to climb up to the roof," Hannah said as she threw her seatbelt off,

"Climb?" You asked in even more confusion as she quickly exited the jeep.

What Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)