More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by GenericEditor168 GenericEditor168

Which one?

A. Portmaster

It takes him only a few seconds to decide. The portmaster has to die.

"Portmassster", he says, without even bothering to head back over to the desk.

"I expected asss sssuch. Come here, and I'll give you a map."

He walks back over to the , and he hands Sandhiss a map, with possible routes noted down.

"You'll need to asssk one of our localsss for information about hisss movementsss. Even then, they've mossstly gone to ground, ssso it'll likely be out of date. Make your own judgementsss."

He motions Sandhiss towards the door. He takes his leave, and heads over to the kitchen to pick up some travelling rations and several large waterskins. Then he heads to one of the mountain’s side doors, and sits. And waits.

After several hours, the sun is beginning to set, the rays of light coming through the small window above the door have turned from bright white to orange, so Sandhiss opens the complex mechanism of the door and heads off into the desert, making his way towards a small village, little more than a few farms in close proximity, that has long been a staging post for the order.

He reaches the village while the moon is beginning its journey across the sky. It is quiet, as always. The order takes pains to keep it that way.

The nearest human forces lie two days march north, and they see the village as a nothing, a yearly source of a sack of dates as per the tithes, with no importance ascribe to it. Maybe the oppressors will change that assessment later, after the bodies start piling up, but by then the order will be able to fight them openly... hopefully.

Sandhiss refills his waterskins, before settling down for the night in the town hall/church/marketplace and opening the map to plot out his route...

What route does he take to Port Antar?

1a: Coastal backroads: Take a winding route along the small coastal roads. Supplies and water are easily available, and there aren’t many guards on the road, but it’s slow.

1b: Desert backroads: Same as the coastal route, except as it’s through the desert, supplies are slightly harder to come by (though villages are still plentiful) and guards are even rarer.

2: King’s Road: Head along the King’s Road. Fastest route, leading straight to his destination, but heavily guarded, expect a lot of attention to be paid to the lone snakeman.

3 Desert: Head through the desert the whole way. He’ll be entirely alone, but that means nowhere to resupply or beg for aid, bar the occasional uninhabited oasis.

4a River on foot: Walk to the port, following the route of the river. Water is freely available, and the only other living things he’ll meet is the occasional river barge... and crocodiles. Some of whom, rumour has it, walk and talk like men.

4b River on barge: Sign on with a river barge. Provisions, hammock and travel provided, but conditions will be hard (especially if one or more crewmembers are racist and/or violent) and hiding weapons will pose a problem.

Also, does anything happen during the night?

A. The village is attacked! (Specify attackers).

B. Sandhiss gets laid. (Specify with who, remember the village is a Snakepeople village).

C. Something else. (Specify).

D. Nothing.

How to proceed?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)