More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by sumedokin sumedokin

Where to start?

2020.mod

SPOILER WARNING
This thread contains spoilers from all over Doki Doki Literature Club. If you don't want to be spoiled please play the game first.

This file caught your attention. You don't remember what the description said about this mod. It's just one of the hundreds of mods you've spent hours downloading from the database into your own little stock to try out later, but now you got no idea what to expect. Still, between the mods you really want to try out, you're unable to decide which one to launch first, so hell, let's just try some random mod while you take time to decide, and call it a warmup. You upload the file to your VR gear and install it, then put the helmet on and the visor down. With the click of a switch, your world turns black, a green, old-school loading bar appears with the text "LOADING...", which is switched with "INITIATING..." when the bar fills up accompanied by a pling.

A light fills your vision and you can hear the Doki Doki theme playing faintly in the background, just loud enough to hear it only when you're paying attention to it. You suddenly find yourself on the streets of a vibrantly coloured Japanese suburb during a beautiful spring morning. There are so many details visible both near and far away, from the shine of the grains of the asphalt to the moving leaves in the shrubbery, all the meanwhile representing the bright, happy cartoony feel associated ( albeit ironically ) with Doki Doki Panic. You look at your hands... they look just like your hands normally do, though encased in the sleeves of a black school uniform. On your left hand is a watch, which displays the time. It's 7:45 in the morning, which is not the time in your world. Looks like you're about to be late for school. You're missing something though, or rather someone. Sayori hasn't shown up. This is of course expected, and a vital part of the plot of the game, but it just wouldn't be Doki Doki Literature Club without the characters. You decide to wait for a minute or two, thinking of all the things you wanna say to the depressed yet cheerful childhood friend of yours.

You look at your watch again. Time seems to pass about the same as in the real world, and it goes from 7:46 to 7:47. You really are going to be late if this keeps up. Suddenly a shock spikes across your spine, as you remember what her absence as opposed to tardiness meant in the game.
They... they wouldn't! Would they...?
You never could get past the image of Sayori hanging from a rope, the one the game had built up as your sweetest yet endearingly ditzy childhood friend. Every time that scene appeared you would feel like vomiting. You can already taste the acid in your mouth at the thought of witnessing that scene once more, and before even meeting her. But of course you can't leave her. You look at your watch.
8:52
You walk a few steps to see if your leaving for school is a trigger that will make Sayori appear, but she ain't coming. Maybe she's already at school. Then it wouldn't make sense for you to stay around like this, worrying about her. Of course you can't stand around like this if something has happened to her either, but what should you do now?

Where do you go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)