More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TheMouse TheMouse

What's next?

Now here you stand, beaten bloody but still alive, staring down your opponent as the battle draws closer. You're on the brink of , having done barely any damage to your opponent. Reaching for his sword, you know you only have a single moment to-. He rushed forward and caught you off guard, his dragon strike slicing through your body.

GAME OVER, PLAYER ONE WINS.

"NO!" you cry in utter frustration gripping the controller tightly, almost cracking the plastic case. Beast boy had beaten you again for the hundredth time. "I was so close to winning this time." You yell.

"Dude, you only hit me like twice" looking up at the TV, the winning player had two health bars missing of the total 20 it possessed. You weren't very good at this game.

"Ok, I think I got the hang of this now, let's go again," you demand, leaning forward on the sofa, determined to win at least once at this game. You had only started using the console recently since you weren't the most tech-savvy person in the world, having grown up not aware of basic computers until you joined the Titans a few months ago. And it had so far been a fantastic experience, having others to watch your back, helping people. For the first time in your life, you felt as if you were finally doing some good for this world.

"Doesn't matter how many matches we have, I'll still beat ya", Beast boy giggled to himself, and before you could fire back a response, you feel a giant metal hand on your shoulder. The calm aura of Cyborg fills the room as the big-hearted man bears his white teeth in a friendly smile. "Don't worry, Dude, you'll have plenty of time to practise while were away."

"Ya, but he'll probably spend it training or ignoring Raven," BB says before laughing. You had been distant from the Titans when you had first joined, but over time your relationship improved. However, you're not someone who trusts easily. And Raven seems to be the same sort of person, so your relationship has been shaky at best. The controller Beat Boy was holding then smacks into his face, suddenly throwing him off the sofa while he clutches his face in pain.

"Hey!" he yells out, annoyed, rubbing the red mark on his head left from the impact.

The smell of Raven fills your nose, not in a bad way. She smelt of old leather and smoke from all the books she reads. Beast boy, however, smells like an unwashed dog, while Cyborg doesn't have much of a smell other than a hint of oil and metal.

"You two were supposed to be leaving for your trip an hour ago," a cold voice mutters behind the three of you. Raven moved over to the sofa and sat down furthest away from you before opening her book to read. A feeling of awkwardness fills the room. When Raven noticed you sitting on the sofa, her eyes turn to Beast boy as if you weren't even in the room.

"Hey, we're going away for a few weeks. I wanna play one more game" Beast boy hops back onto the sofa controller in hand. "Yo, BB, she's right. We should head out. We don't want to miss the opening night of the world's largest gamer gathering!" Cyborg yells in excitement before heading towards the door, followed closely by Beast Boy, who's turned into a monkey bouncing off the walls.

"See ya." He yelled before the door closes, leaving you alone with Raven, who is now sitting uncomfortably across from you. She holds the book up to her face, but you catch her stealing glances at you when she thinks you're not looking. "Robin and Star Fire are off the world for Stars celebration, and the others just left," Raven suddenly says in her familiar cold voice, sounding a bit more quiet than usual.

"Ya, we have a few weeks to ourselves." You couldn't help but feel and uncomfortable aura emanating from the conversation. You never know what to say to her. She's always been distant to you in the months you've been here. At first, you just thought it was distrust, but recently she's been following you around and trying to get near you.

"I never did find out what your powers are?" Raven's voice pierced you to your core. She was your teammate asking a valid question, so why did it feel like an interrogation? "I, err, don't really have any powers? You say awkwardly, watching as Raven closes her book and moves to sit next to you.

"OH, so you're like Robin," Raven says, shifting slightly closer to you as she spoke.

"No, not exactly," you say nervously, your concentration on the game fading as your nerves grew more unsettled. "Well, you're great at fighting. The way you move is incredible. Where did you learn to do that."

You struggle to find the words as you realise you've reached the end of the sofa and can't move away from her any more. "I, Erm," you stumble over your words.

"It's alright," Raven said before getting to her feet and turning to look at you. "We have three weeks to learn all about each other." For a moment, you could swear the cold and emotionless Raven, Daughter of a demon, smiled before she walked out of the room.

You let out a breath of relief and slump back into the sofa. It was still too soon to tell the others about your past when Robin found out. Well, it tested the limits of his trust.

These are going to be a long three weeks.

What do you do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)