More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Warden-Yarn15 Warden-Yarn15

Pick your poison:

[Quickie|Writer's Block] Warden's Been Playing a Light Novel that has no ending so he wrote an erotica out of frustration

The snowing city of Geneva was illuminated by the dull sparkling streetlamps attempting their damnedest to brighten the streets around them though managing to do so with a limited radius, relying on the storefronts adjacent to them to properly do their jobs, with varying competencies.

For that reason, the two Chinese foreign exchange students could not take in the breathtaking city on their tram - the cold taunting them by completely enveloping their window with fog as they exhale looking outward.

Their gazes were soon cut-off by loud, drunk, and fiery yelling from one possessing a thick Welsh accent at the front of them, counteracted by a snobbish rebuttal from one with a French accent only for a third party to join against both sides, trying to disarm the two of them to little effect from how little the argument was quieting down.

One of the two began to chuckle at the scene, the freshest of the bunch, "How often do these two go after one another?"

"See how many people are bothered by them?" A quick glance proved that not one of the other passengers looked up from their seats, with an elderly gentleman falling asleep near the shouting companions, "It's enough that we haven't been barred from the tram station yet..." then she closed her ears with the palm of her hands, "let me guess, they're plotting some sort of excursion?"

And lending an ear to the conversation, the new student nodded much to the chagrin of his counterpart, who tucked her hands underneath her armpits. "Do you not like hanging out with them?"

"I do, but..." Disappointment was written all over her face, glancing at her old friends who continued to make a ruckus, "I wish they could drink more in moderation. I end up tagging along mainly to make sure they don't like, get in a bar fight... or on their own puke."

"Has... has that happened before or is it just a precaution?" The newbie asked worriedly. His kin turned away for a second, a smirk manifesting on her face just as quickly as it disappeared before turning back to him.

"It doesn't matter, someone has to look out for them for when it happens."

And he nodded, the two looking straight forward, only to find themselves glancing at one another until both caught one another doing so. The already awkward situation that the two had to witness in front of them had transformed into an even awkwarder situation that one of them had to defuse the position they found themselves in.

"Yujin, mind if I ask you if you have any hobbies that you can share?" The Newbie spoke up first, and his counterpart shook her head whilst looking down, arms still between her pits.

"No, not really." She promptly answered, "I'm not all that interesting if I'm being blunt."

"Are you serious?" He retorted in baffled confusion, "Don't you possibly play sports? Draw art? Maybe play music with Ophelie over there?"

And again, she shook her head and sighed, "No, not really."

"How about writing? Do you write?" Finally, there was a difference in her response, staring into the seat in front of her rather than at her feet.

"Well, actually... I do." A breakthrough.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

For a few seconds she stared blankly ahead, wondering if she should continue until Yijun turned to the Newbie, "I have a small project that I'm working on."

"Like, short stories?"

"Yeah, but the small project that I'm working on is actually a novel. A novel reimagining the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, a sort of what-if..." Yujin began to drone about her novel, detailing the plotline as she blushed in excitement on the details of her novel, such as how "Instead of focusing on Lui Bei, however, the main focus is on Zhang Jue, the historic leader of the Yellow Turban Rebellion..."

Adding to her excitement, she added more mythical aspects of Chinese history and why it mattered to not only her story, but to her belief, such as why, "The Yellow Turbans wanted land distribution for peasants, to make sure no one, no matter how small, went without food or water, and for the government to respect the self-worth of everyone...

"Zheng Jue himself even was a healer, who helped his patients out for free..." and droned for longer and longer, as her kin continued to listen intently, however lost he may be. They may share the same culture, but their knowledge was sparsely different from one another, and for how much he'd actually like to know more about her novel, he was lost.

A fact that Yijun eventually realized and stopped by cupping her mouth. Her cheeks grew redder as she tried to compose herself once more, "I- I'm sorry, Yun... but like I said, it's not really all that interesting."

And her kin chuckled, "No, don't feel bad Yijun. I was actually enjoying it. I don't think it's wholeheartedly wrong to envision a world you'd like to see, and it feels nice when people empathize with your beliefs. Shouldn't differences be celebrated?"

Yijun first pumped her fist in the air before answering with, "Yeah! But, unfortunately, it's not in a readable state right now. Just a lot of outlines and work in progress scenes." Then she shared a simper with Yun, "Maybe in a few years though?"

"I'd like to hear what you've come up with so far." Then the female counterpart looked back down again, but still possessing that smile, and that blush.

"How about I drop by your room tomorrow? Then I can tell you why this and that happened, and so that you won't get lost."

"I'd love to." Then Yun held out his pinky, much to the bafflement of his seatmate who, after a few seconds of staring, followed by her answering the gesture with her own pinky.

A pinky promise, how absurd, but the two smiled rather than chuckle or regret such a gesture.

"Room 203, I think the others have told you about it?" Then the tram had stopped and all of them had exited the transport, waving goodbye with one another as they reached the dormitories of their school.

Yun took off his glasses and crawled in his bed, staring blankly into the window and entertaining himself with the thought that, potentially, he might've hit it off with one of his newfound friends, and one that he shared a kinship with.

Chuckling, he pulled the curtains closed and told to himself, "What a childish fantasy..."

Hope nobody who plays the Light Novel finds this... or maybe I do

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)