More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Warden-Yarn15 Warden-Yarn15

Pick your poison:

[F:NV] Lady Jane's payment

Content warning: Somewhat prostitution

The Garret twins had released its debt collector to go and grab what remaining debts were on their name. Three people remained in Freeside within reach of their bounty hunter, and though they preferred their debtors alive, their new bounty hunter had no qualms about killing.

A ghoul, a smooth talker, and a lady down on her luck, those were the targets that this new bounty hunter had to deal with and the dealings were swift. Whatever the fates of the previous two were, the lady from California sat near the entrance to New Vegas, the gates closed to her quite possibly forever.

Company was sparse, if at all. Granted Freeside Thugs tried to her in numerous occasions but her being next to the guarded entrance made her other companions, the Securitrons, protect her with their weaponized arms before reciting their numerous -and finite- phrases and returning to their duty of being the watchful sentinels that they were designed for. Her former associate Old Ben seemed to have disappeared from the campfire to who knows where; and besides all of them, Lady Jane was alone in a faraway land from home.

Then a young man made his way behind her, though she heard footsteps and glanced at him, she ignored him knowing that he was walking towards the gates to New Vegas and continued to wallow in her self-pity. That was until someone had fixed their throat and she glanced back to the person behind her. She smiled at the bounty hunter, the Courier.

"Hello. Lovely to meet you." She remarked and the man returned the smile.

"Lovely to meet you too, but I think you and I know why I'm here." Jane swallowed her lower lip and tried to look away at the Courier before eventually biting on it.

"Then, in that case, I have to apologize. I have nothing on me, Vegas has already bled me dry and my caravan disappeared. If someone could go and find it I can easily pay it in full, but who would bother with such a mess to find it?" The Courier inspected her from head to toe for a second before he made a reply.

"Surely you didn't run away from your caravan empty-handed." She breathed in a sigh and nodded at him.

"You're right, I'm 90 caps short but I have some sensor modules and cartons of cigarettes. That should cover for the missing caps; now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to return to California and try to start life anew, without even a cap to my name." As she handed the Courier her collateral, Jane preparing to leave only to be immediately stopped by the man.

Stumbling back, she witnessed him shook his head at her - In disappointment?- Why he did was to be explained, slowly unraveling itself by the lifting of his chin.

"Miss Jane, a woman like yourself doesn't deserve to go back home penniless. Here's what I'm proposing: you will be under my employe until you've made enough to start a new life. How does that sound?

The generosity of the charming young fellow awestruck Lady Jane. Why should she say no? How could she say no? So, with a smile and a nod, she agreed to it.

"That sounds very kind of you, deal. I'll do whatever it takes."

The Courier looked around his surroundings wondering where to take his new employee before heading off with her.


Don't know why I chose Lady Jane, the only female in Debt Collector. Might be beccause her story had potential? I don't know. I can have the weirdest ideas when it comes to NPCs rather than player characters.

What did he choose?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)