More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

You must now decide three things: what is your name, what are your powers (pick up to three), and which two of these five things will come easily to you?

[Default Setting Information Threads] (Non-Quest! Non-Story!)

The default setting of these stories is a world known as Davnosa.

Though this is the assumed setting of any story which doesn't say otherwise, authors are free to write their own worlds and design them how they please. That said, they should always include a thread like this one if they do so...


The World Of Davnosa, over which you are to become a god, is in many ways similar to a primeval Earth. Forests and jungles of various kinds stretch over all the land which isn't either a pebble dessert, swamp/marsh, river/lake, beach, or high mountain: save near the poles where all give gives way to tundra and then ice caps.

Davnosa is home to dozens of young pantheons, some larger than others. It also holds many 'Pseudo Temples' where gods and goddesses can find special items that are of use to their rise to power. These 'Pseudo Temples' take several different forms, rings of standing stones are the most common, but depending on the location and value of what lies within they can be caves, Greco-Roman temples, mazes, Egyptian temples, pyramids, monastic cathedrals, dungeons, or even 'hollow mountains'.

While there are no hard and fast rules for what can be found where, in general, the longer the story has lasted since the start of the world in internal chronology the more difficult the type of opposition will be and the grander and more extensive the area that holds the prize will be.

Also, in general, Reagents are are less closely guarded than soul form components, which in turn are less closely guarded than bases, which are less closely guarded than Primal Icons. Echo Crystals are equal to soul form components, and God-Shards are equal to Primal Icons. It must also be noted that opposition is weaker for mortals than gods, meaning you can use them as catspaws to retrieve items for you, though it's a risk...

What Subject Would You Like To Know More About?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)