More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by protoborg protoborg

What new reality do you create?

[Clarification for writers]

I hate to have to say this, but, since I had to delete one chapter already, I will. Your thread needs to fit the existing format. By that I mean you must write the thread in the format "What if [premise] but [negative clause]?" Reread the introduction if you are confused. I will continue to delete any thread that does not follow this pattern as it is the whole point of this story. Please respect the format I have set forth here. I don't want to have to approve chapters first, but I will if I have to.

Please use the same names as the previous chapters. Please use the variables I have set up. Fixed names tend to ruin the readers experiences. Also, it would be nice if you maintained second person in your chapters, especially when adding chapters to an existing thread. If you must use first or third-person, please transition from second-person. The rest of the threads are in second person and I really do not want to have to fix your chapters. For those who do not understand POV;

This is first-person:
"I walked down the street humming a tune to myself. I didn't know what the tune was, but I knew it was helpful in distracting myself from my problems. I soon realized, however, that in distracting myself I had gotten myself lost."

This is second-person:
"You find yourself at the end of a dark alley. Trash is littered around on the ground and graffiti is spread across the wall like so much bird crap. You turn around and walk back toward the other end, but before you can exit the alley, you find your exit blocked by a couple of thugs in ski masks. They growl at you and grin evilly."

This is third-person:
"Jack couldn't quite make out what he was seeing as the fog had gotten much thicker. The swirling cloud, for that is what the fog was, blocked all of his attempts to discern what was beyond it. Jack knew he was in trouble the moment he began to hear the banjo music from hell. He slowly backed away from the apparent source of the music, but that merely made the sound come closer for some reason."

Please don't make me delete your chapter for content or POV issues. I really want people to feel comfortable posting to this story. I just need the narrative to be consistent. Remember, I will set this story to approve first if I have to.

Thank you for following these guidelines and enjoy the story.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)