More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by darkness_drearing darkness_drearing

What's next?

[An Update]

Hi.

It's been a while, hasn't it?

I'd like to say that I appreciate everyone who's bookmarked, favorited, liked, or commented on the story as it stands. It means a lot to know something I did on a whim got as many eyeballs on it as it did. But as it stands you probably know by now that the story not only went dark, but that there's a new title for it - "Retired." There's a reason for that.

As much as I enjoyed writing Tony's and Katie's story, I realized something about my own writing is that I'm much better when bouncing ideas off of others than I am generally plotting things out on my own and something I began to feel was that I'd sort of written myself into a corner. I imagine a pretty steep barrier to entry for many was that I'd defined them a little too well; their personalities were pretty distinct, as were their personal histories, and it probably felt like it was building towards something even if I didn't have an endgame in mind. This isn't an excuse, however; it's merely an explanation for why I ultimately felt a little overwhelmed on how to continue.

Ultimately, I've decided to reboot Dick World. It's now much more modular: despite the slightly expanded introduction section and already created characters, you can write whatever you'd like so long as you stick to the central conceit and, as a personal apology, I'd like to pledge that I'll try to write at least a single chapter on every story line or branch that's created.

I hope you decide to follow me over there, but if not, thanks for reading.

What's next?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)