More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dikmin dikmin

Who is the mysterious speaker?

[ Story and Setting Notes ]

I have made a separate reference page for the character names. This page will have all other details.

The story begins on a Wednesday night. (12:02 on Thursday morning, more specifically.) The exact date and year are not given, but it is probably some time approaching the year 2100. It is late February, and the main character will graduate from high school at the end of May.

Setting Notes

  • The NGI: The National General Intelligence is the AI that handles much of the daily business of the US government, or so the public thinks. It has a lot of "Subroutines" who are actually distinct personalities and these do their jobs separately from each other.
  • Rogers, Ohio, United States: The main setting of the story. Sinonetics set up some facilities there in the mid 21st century because of tax breaks, but when Sinonetics became the world's biggest biotech company then Rogers grew explosively. It is now the center of the world for genetics, cybernetics, and artificial intelligence. This explosive growth created a huge gap between the rich and the poor, unfortunately.
  • Sinonetics Corporation Designed Humans: Genetically modified humans created by Sinonetics experiments. They use a lot of genetic material from the two parents who will raise them. Sinonetics claims it is being extremely careful with this program, but there are frequent public protests. Children created in this way are not currently targets of prejudice because it is almost impossible to find out who they are. (SubR AP controls the records.)

Slang

  • Berries: Violent anti-male lesbians. Violent. The term is slightly vulgar and is based off of some pun in Spanish. It originally refers to women who participated in the Cuban Gendercide of '71.
  • Dorp: A meaningless term used for just about anything negative. Very mildly vulgar, not usually enough to bother anyone. It originally refers to small towns, but in the late 21st century it took on a meaning of places where human trafficking was severe.
  • Issies: Government-issued clothing. Anyone can get free clothing from the government, but the quality is low and this clothing serves as a mark of poverty. Children wearing issie uniform parts in schools are often bullied.
  • Mimas: A moon of Saturn which is mined for an important mineral. Its name often replaces religious references. (For example, "Mimas damn you!") This was originally a joke, suggesting that the resources of Mimas made businessmen worship it, but younger generations now use the word with no hint of irony.
  • Scanner: A man who makes 3D scans of women against their will, usually for use in AI-generated pornography.
  • SKLIPPP: A highly vulgar insult that can be directed toward men. It originally refers to the acronym for a cybernetic semen enhancer that was developed in Indonesia to help save endangered animals. This tech is strictly illegal in humans, so it is commonly associated with cruel men who think they're above the law.

Variables

  • bball - How much has the main character been involved in high school basketball? (Starts at 50 instead of zero.)
  • bcount - How many people has the main character had sex with?
  • esports - How much has the main character been involved in the gaming community, especially in her high school?
  • fame - How famous are the main character's misadventures? (This is almost always a bad thing.)
  • inc - How much has the main character been exposed to , personally or by observation?
  • MC - How skilled is the main character in using her power to intentionally mind control people?
  • Patricia - How much does the main character know about Patricia and her brother, Paul?
  • Travers - How much does the main character know about Mr. Travers and his black market connections?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)