More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MightyViking MightyViking

Begin

[ Story/Game Info ]

This is my first attempt at a game of this type, so be prepared for it to not be completely smooth. Obviously it's pretty hard to balance a system like this when I know nothing about the people who will read and vote, so let's consider it an experiment. Here's a little breakdown of how the choices are scored:

Every [ Open ] vote has a 'right' answer [ 0 ] and a wrong answer [ -1 ], with a very occasional right answer that grants a [ +1 ]. When a pledge gets to an accumulated -3, the killer begins to stalk her. When she gets to -4, a chase will begin soon. During the chase, there will be quick, difficult decisions, sometimes more than 2 choices--but with only 1 correct choice. Only by getting back up to a neutral score can a pledge actually escape a chase. The expectation should be that when you get to the chase stage, the pledge will die soon--however, some of the most crucial clues can be spotted during chase, when the killer is after you.

But it's theoretically possible to escape the chase and continue the story. If that were to happen, I would probably have that pledge escape the house somehow, then reset and switch to another pledge to continue--then that pledge would get tagged with [ Escaped ] instead of [ Murdered ] on the character page. The story is based on the idea that at least a few pledges will die along the way, so it's not meant to be completely fair or easy. is final in this story, but you can expect these girls to all show up alive and well in other VFU stories, so don't get too heartbroken. There's no gory scenes or anything. It'll stay fun and cheesy, not dark and gross, but hopefully it can be just a little creepy.

As for how right vs wrong is decided in questions? It's all about slasher movie rules. Friday the 13th, Halloween, etc. The 1974 Black Christmas is an influence here. The rules aren't perfectly consistent because that would make it too easy, but if you know your horror movies, there are things you do and don't do to stay alive. Slasher-movie-conscious decisions will usually keep pledges alive longer.

  • As pledges die, the timeline will tighten. Hailee gets to mess up 3 times before the killer puts her mask on, but later girls may not get as much time before things heat up.
  • The final accusation does not have to be perfect. You don't have to say any particular magic words--you just have to have the right person and the right idea about why they're doing it. Further rules for accusation will be listed when accusations open up. (Basically each reader can only accuse once per pledge. So if accusations don't open up until 5 pledges are dead, then each reader would in theory have 5 chances to make the correct call.)
  • The identity of the killer and her motive is already decided. I'm not making it up as I go or anything. Red herrings and real clues are mixed together liberally. SUPPOSING, just supposing, that the killer isn't working alone, a correct accusation of the accomplice and HER motivations would yield the same prize as the killer accusation.
  • If you want to go to the Pledges page and read the profiles, then vote in the comments there for who you want to be the FINAL GIRL, just in case it goes that far, you're welcome to do that. I'm adding profiles constantly, so that page will probably be completely populated very soon.
  • What happens if all the pledges die and we still haven't uncovered the killer? Find out in SSS 2, in theaters next October.

It's not necessary to read my other stories to enjoy or win SSS, but as one eagle-eyed reader already spotted, there are some crossovers. So feel free to check out FUTA SOCCER CAMP if you like that.

I have a ko-fi if you want to support me, and a website that has some information on it.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)